LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 361 users in the forums

Hall of fame 2020

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I had no idea Jimmy Johnson wasn't already in. How is Tony Dungy in? 1 super bowl with Peyton frigging Manning. And is Roger Craig ever gonna get his due? Team of the 80s. Has 3 HOFers?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Craig has a chance this year because of the 100th year thing.
How the f**k is BY not already in? Our all time leader in sacks. He was a DT. Complete joke.
Same goes for Roger Craig. First 1000 x 1000 player ever. Wake the f**k up NFL
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
I had no idea Jimmy Johnson wasn't already in. How is Tony Dungy in? 1 super bowl with Peyton frigging Manning. And is Roger Craig ever gonna get his due? Team of the 80s. Has 3 HOFers?

Thought he won 2
[ Edited by jimrat on Jan 12, 2020 at 5:25 PM ]
Originally posted by jimrat:

Dungy won 2 SBs

One as a player with the Steelers (SB XIII) and then coach of the Colts.

Cool fact: He's the first coach to ever defeat all 32 teams.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by jimrat:

Dungy won 2 SBs

One as a player with the Steelers (SB XIII) and then coach of the Colts.

Cool fact: He's the first coach to ever defeat all 32 teams.

👍
Bunch of Cowboy lovers in this thread

This is the problem with simply measuring impact in Super Bowls. See the Tampa Bay Bucs before Tony and after. Peyton never won a playoff game before Dungy got there (0-3). Championships with great players, even quarterbacks are no guaranteed. Sustained winning is even harder. I think he has like one losing season in 13 years as a head coach.

I argue with the impact thing with Craig all the time. The reality is his numbers are not staggering. But impact is off the charts IMO. I'd argue that after the QB, it was Roger Craig and then Jerry Rice that took the WCO to another level.
Impact not being valued is why Coryell is not in the HoF. Should be there over Cowher. Either him or Flores.

Hopefully Craig is on the list of 10 senior players on Wed morning.
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 12, 2020 at 5:38 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Impact not being valued is why Coryell is not in the HoF. Should be there over Cowher. Either him of Flores.

Completely agree.popularity matters unfortunately

• jcs
  • Veteran

The Fumble will forever keep Craig out. Sad but true.
Impact not being valued is why Coryell is not in the HoF. Should be there over Cowher. Either him or Flores.

YESSS!!! Criminal that Coryell is not in there. I didn't even know he wasn't.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

YESSS!!! Criminal that Coryell is not in there. I didn't even know he wasn't.

Air Coryell deserves to be in there.
I have no problem with Jimmy Johnson getting in, but the fact that he got in at the same time as Bill Cowher is a joke. Steeler bias. Being a big television personality definitely helps
Mike Shanahan was also a better coach than Cowher. Will he get any traction?
Share 49ersWebzone