LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

RIP Sam Wyche

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
Joe Montana's first QB coach with the 49ers.

Good call. Wyche had early history with the 49ers. RIP.
RIP
Wish I could read the whole thing.

https://theathletic.com/601960/2018/10/20/when-he-came-down-in-bounds-the-place-went-berserk-i-mean-it-exploded-recollections-of-the-catch-from-those-who-were-there/

Sam Wyche, then 37, was a rookie assistant that year with the title of quarterbacks coach/director of the passing game. By that point in the season, he and the team's tall, third-year receiver, Dwight Clark, had developed a Thursday practice ritual in which Wyche would throw Clark 40 or 50 passes — "Usually knuckleballs from 10 yards out," Wyche said — while also rehearsing a single play, a different one each week, they figured might be used in the upcoming game.

The one they chose to concentrate on that Thursday in Anaheim: Sprint Right Option.
RIP
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

RIP Coach. Thanks for being nice to a dumb little kid from Rocklin.
Not only a disciple, but one who was there for the very creation of what's known as the West Coast Offense back in the Cincinnati days. RIP
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by okdkid:
Really rare to die from melanoma. It has about a 93% cure rate.

That's how my grandfather died a couple years ago. He was really sick and they didn't realize what it was until too late.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Joe Montana's first QB coach with the 49ers.

Good call. Wyche had early history with the 49ers. RIP.

Joe packing the 80's heat!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

He was so gracious to Walsh after the loss in the SB. I'll never get the way they greeted after the game.

Ultimate respect between 2 coaches who were really friends
we'll never see that again in the NFL

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Really rare to die from melanoma. It has about a 93% cure rate.

That's how my grandfather died a couple years ago. He was really sick and they didn't realize what it was until too late.

Yeah, it happens. But almost unheard of unless you're not seeing a dermatologist once a year or have one of the most rare (and aggressive) forms.
The NFL lost a good man. I still remember how incredibly respectful and graceful he was towards Walsh after losing the Super Bowl. Classy guy in my opinion...the opposite of The Tuna who sill piles on Walsh even after he's passed away.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
RIP to a great coach !!!
RIP
You don't live in White trash , you live in White trash!"

All jokes aside, RIP
Share 49ersWebzone