LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

🏈 🏆 2019 NFL PLAYOFFS THREAD 🏆 🏈

Shop 49ers game tickets

🏈 🏆 2019 NFL PLAYOFFS THREAD 🏆 🏈

Poll: (will be updated as teams are eliminated)

AFC teams: Super Bowl participant

This will be the discussion/game day thread...
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 12, 2020 at 6:57 PM ]
Chief are going to win the AFC
Patriots vs Niners
WILD CARD ROUND SCHEDULE:

(All Times ET)

Saturday, 4 January 2020

Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans, 4:35 pm (ESPN/ABC)

Tennessee Titans @ New England Patriots, 8:15 pm (CBS)

Sunday, 5 January 2020

Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints, 1:05 pm (FOX)

Seattle Seahawks @ Philadelphia Eagles, 4:40 pm (NBC)
Don't overlook the Pats. They are usually a totally different animal in the playoffs at defense no matter how bad they look in the regular season games. For the next 2-3 games those other AFC playoff teams gonna have to be wary.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Patriots vs Niners

Seems like the Superbowl always has a good "story" to go with it. The Brady Garopollo story would be an excellent one. I think we match up better against the Patriots than say the Ravens, so I hope it's them!!
  • thl408
Why aren't the 49ers a poll option?
Originally posted by thl408:
Why aren't the 49ers a poll option?

- they aren't in the AFC (and thus can't be a preference for the AFC representative in the SB)

- Niners can't be they're own biggest obstacle in the NFC (the highest NFC vote-getters will prob just be whoever's playing against Seattle anyways...lol)

- this thread/poll won't be for any Niners playoffs game

- Niners won't be added as an option to this list later on should they make it to the SB (that would be the SB pregame Niners vs AFC opponent poll in NT)

- most everyone on a Niners website are gonna be biased in their vote lol
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Dec 30, 2019 at 1:29 PM ]
Saints only team in the NFC that worries me. But I think Packers beat the Saints after they inevitably beat Minnesota, I have a hard time believing a dome team that's only had 1 road playoff win in their franchises history can go to freezing cold Lambeau field and get a win.

49ers vs Packers NFC Championship
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 30, 2019 at 4:02 PM ]
Go eegals!

• Kyzen
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Chief are going to win the AFC

Yup
Originally posted by mattster03:
Patriots vs Niners

Seems like the Superbowl always has a good "story" to go with it. The Brady Garopollo story would be an excellent one. I think we match up better against the Patriots than say the Ravens, so I hope it's them!!

I'll definitely say this is the best story. It will be the greatest changing of the guard since January 10, 1982.
if saints win hoping for GB to win
Right now weather forecast for GB is -4°C and a three day sunny period sandwiched by snowfalls
so cross our fingers for that snow to fall earlier and heavy on sunday the 12th...
Originally posted by mattster03:
Patriots vs Niners

This is what I have been thinking since mid-season. Apprentice will strike down the master and take his place.
Share 49ersWebzone