There are 159 users in the forums

Cardinals Safety Josh Shaw Suspended 2019-2020 For Betting On NFL Games

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by English:
He is an idiot. We get enough accusations of games being fixed etc without dicks like this giving encouragement to the CTers.

Excellent call!!
For the whole season? These guys beat up their GF and get like a 4 game suspension. I guess the amount of time is out of bounds. But the foul is wrong. It's bad for league perception at least. Was he betting on games he is in? Or other games?
And he bet against the Cardinals...
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

No. At least what they talked about on espn said the bets were not against the Cards.

This guy is just an idiot from what im seeing. He even put professional football player as his occupation, and said he didnt know its illegal.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

No. At least what they talked about on espn said the bets were not against the Cards.

This guy is just an idiot from what im seeing. He even put professional football player as his occupation, and said he didnt know its illegal.

Everywhere I read is he bet against the Cards in a parlay .
  • Jiks
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I mean if you're going to bet might as well bet smart.
I was really high on this kid during the draft process. Shame what's happened but I would love for us to sign him if he's available.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
You can do all sorts of crimes and get a few games suspension, but if you gamble on games that's the most serious offense according to the NFL.

Not just the NFL, baseball too man.
Originally posted by English:
He is an idiot. We get enough accusations of games being fixed etc without dicks like this giving encouragement to the CTers.

Personal attack. Warn yourself!
Originally posted by Jiks:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I mean if you're going to bet might as well bet smart.

Shaw reportedly placed bets on the second-half outcomes of three games, including on the Tampa Bay-Arizona game. The Buccaneers were leading the Cards, 17-13, at halftime, and won the game 30-27, failing to cover the spread as one-point favorites after intermission, prompting Shaw to lose his parlay.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
For the whole season? These guys beat up their GF and get like a 4 game suspension. I guess the amount of time is out of bounds. But the foul is wrong. It's bad for league perception at least. Was he betting on games he is in? Or other games?

Don't you think you would want to know the answer to your question before writing the first two sentences. Common core logic!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He's been on IR since Aug but he did bet against Arz. Sucks though because he's already a fringe player. This may be it for him.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 8, 2019 at 8:43 PM ]
Dumb guy. Should have did prop bets like the WR he's covering over/under catches or TDS.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
The guy was a moron at SC too. Made up a story about saving a relative from drowning because he didn't want to get in trouble for injuring his ankle or something going stalker on his ex.... basically fell out of a window making a run for it when the roommate called the cops or something.

Definition of dumbass.
  • dj43
Gambling/fantasy is such a huge business it is no wonder the league comes down so hard on him. They can't afford to damage that revenue stream. Now if they would do the same thing with clowns who beat up their GFs...
Share 49ersWebzone