LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 273 users in the forums

Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
i will just say... the wet field was an issue when jh and roman made it an issue... who the f**k calls for a reverse with a wet ball on a wet field in a big game like that which failed miserably and led to the giants touchdown... the very first signs i had that roman was actually a idiot

Harbaugh and Roman really screwed us that day with some of the ridiculous decisions they made.
17 leg surgeries and he still wants to play.
Peter King has said this E60 is a REALLY tough watch.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Wish we could get him on our team/staff
Originally posted by tjd808185:
says a lot about his decision making
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I wish Alex would just retire. He doesn't need have anything to prove and is needlessly risking further injury.

Yeah man he's got a smoking hot wife, plenty of $$$ enough!!! No more. f**k that. Poor guy
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
That photo of his leg was horrific.

i guess i will have to watch the special.. but was the complications created by doctor incompetence or just a unlucky infection?

I think unlucky infection. The initial break was so severe as well, so the surgery was not routine from what it sounds like. I knew they revealed it was much worse than everyone thought and he almost died, and despite all that the photo was absolutely jarring
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:

Yeah, he's a warrior
Originally posted by JMC52:

Yeah, he's a warrior

Agreed. Great dude and a strong will to recover. Still always sucked at QB.
Nothing else to prove to anyone but yourself. He can get any job in the NFL he desires. In the NFL dictionary look up the word Class and there is a picture of Alex.

Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I wish Alex would just retire. He doesn't need have anything to prove and is needlessly risking further injury.

Yeah man he's got a smoking hot wife, plenty of $$$ enough!!! No more. f**k that. Poor guy

I think he just doesn't want it to end this way, this is not about a long term comeback, this is about one more year in the sun. To end it on his own terms, and I hope he gets it, he is first class guy and a great leader. That picture was horrific, we knew it was bad, but how bad was never quite so clear as it is now. Looking around the league if he was ready he is definitely good enough to start in some places. Heck if he came cheap, I am sure New England would consider him strongly right now.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Yeah, he's a warrior

Sucked is being really unfair. He got two teams to the Playoffs and nearly had the Redskins of all teams looking respectable. Is he great? no....but he is good. Our own disfunction when he was here set him back a lot.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Apr 30, 2020 at 6:03 AM ]
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Yeah, he's a warrior

Sucked is being really unfair. He got two teams to the Playoffs and nearly had the Redskins of all teams looking respectable. Is he great? no....but he is good. Our own disfunction when he was here set him back a lot.

Agreed. The viewpoints of Smith are really polarized around here. I think if you're being objective and accounting for the horrible coaching and talent during his first several years, his overall career was pretty good at best and decent at worst.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
That photo of his leg was horrific.

i guess i will have to watch the special.. but was the complications created by doctor incompetence or just a unlucky infection?

I think unlucky infection. The initial break was so severe as well, so the surgery was not routine from what it sounds like. I knew they revealed it was much worse than everyone thought and he almost died, and despite all that the photo was absolutely jarring
unreal . my two best memories of alex is more of a testament to the person he is.. when he ran camp alex with no contract and became a great leader of our team./ and then when he spent alot of his own resources organizing search parties for that missing girl back in the day. i can not speak for the chiefs and the redskin fans but i think few fans there have few bad things to say about him as well.. and even if they do i do not want to hear it. lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

i wonder what is a comeback in his eyes.. to me and this is without seeing the special.. maybe a team who can afford to do it can sign him and he can take a few snaps. let the other team know whats going on so they will take it easy on him... thats kind of high school stuff so maybe he thinks he can actually still play and do some good things in real time for a team. i like him alot and i would hate to see him take a hit on that leg
Share 49ersWebzone