LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This thread will also remain closed pending discussion with the other mods.

So, after further discussion, and more news of Smith's rehab and future plans, it has been decided that this thread, focusing on his rehab and future plans, will be re-opened. It will be moderated closely and those who choose to bring up the long-ago past with the same tired arguments will find themselves on the outside looking in. Time-outs rather than warnings will be the standard response here. So, if you want to stay on topic, enjoy the thread. If not, you will be locked out of NFL Talk for an extended period of time.

https://www.redskins.com/news/quarterback-alex-smith-reflects-on-recovery-discusses-whats-next
  • Jiks
Dude had a choice to amputate or stick with it after waking up weeks later. Crazy.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Jiks:
Dude had a choice to amputate or stick with it after waking up weeks later. Crazy.

Also, at one point he had developed sepsis, a very serious blood infection that is often fatal. The fact he is even alive today is close to a miracle.
Crazy that report that said he legit could have died from the infection.

I cant stand this guy as a QB, but he is a great guy and doesnt deserve this. Hope he gets back on the field again since that seems to be what he truly wants.
Alex mentored Mahomes and got a SB MVP 2 years later

Dwayne Haskins SB coming soon ?
Also , everywhere Alex goes , MLB championships follow
  • dj43
Long-time Chiefs fans says, "Alex Smith was a part of this..." notes Smith's role in mentoring Mahomes.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article240035503.html
Will likely backup Haskins if he gets cleared to play. Redskins will have 30 mil in dead space if they cut/ trade him.

I had no idea he went septic. that's some scary s**t. he really is lucky to be alive.

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This thread will also remain closed pending discussion with the other mods.

So, after further discussion, and more news of Smith's rehab and future plans, it has been decided that this thread, focusing on his rehab and future plans, will be re-opened. It will be moderated closely and those who choose to bring up the long-ago past with the same tired arguments will find themselves on the outside looking in. Time-outs rather than warnings will be the standard response here. So, if you want to stay on topic, enjoy the thread. If not, you will be locked out of NFL Talk for an extended period of time.

https://www.redskins.com/news/quarterback-alex-smith-reflects-on-recovery-discusses-whats-next

thanks!
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Feb 7, 2020 at 12:41 PM ]
Alex has handled his entire career with class whether he was up or down. Never heard complaints when he got benched and never ripped the Niners after he was traded. I hope he can play again but more than that, I hope he can lead a normal life after football.

• Kyzen
Inspiring story and as it's been stated here, Alex is an all world class act. His career fell short, but at this point he should just ride into the sunset, why risk anything more?
He's got financial security, a beautiful family and I'm sure there's a job waiting for him either within the league or in broadcasting.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Also , everywhere Alex goes , MLB championships follow

Crazy good stat, blizzard!
Originally posted by Kyzen:
Inspiring story and as it's been stated here, Alex is an all world class act. His career fell short, but at this point he should just ride into the sunset, why risk anything more?
He's got financial security, a beautiful family and I'm sure there's a job waiting for him either within the league or in broadcasting.

He's kinda admitted that it's a long shot for him to return, so at worst he's rehabbing on the Redskins' dime, and he's a positive influence in their QB room.
My dad died from Sepsis. It's no joke.Props to Alex.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Feb 7, 2020 at 4:36 PM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
My dad died from Sepsis. It's no joke.Props to Alex.

Share 49ersWebzone