LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Roethlisberger out for the season (trade them CJ)?

Shop 49ers game tickets
And I only see one backup, Mason Rudolph. The Steelers are obviously going to need a backup qb. Not to mention, with Ben's age, he could retire at any time.

I think CJ Beathard for a 3rd is a very fair price. We spent a 3rd round pick on him, and developed him to the point of being a serviceable qb. He has a experience now, whereas Jason has only 19 career pass attempts under his belt.
Shanny has been waiting for the QB injuries to surface .... reason why he held 3 QBs .

Time to find out their value
I highly doubt we get a 3rd for CJ. Maybe a 5th or 6th.
They have a young QB that they want to see if he's gonna be the future or they need to keep looking.
Originally posted by MrGriz:
I highly doubt we get a 3rd for CJ. Maybe a 5th or 6th.

Wonder if they would like Solomon Thomas too....Do a package deal.

Of course I wouldn't do anything until after this game.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Wonder if they would like Solomon Thomas too....Do a package deal.

Of course I wouldn't do anything until after this game.

Now THAT I could see. To be fair though, it seems like we've gotten luckier in the later rounds lately.... DJ Reed, Richie James, Dre Greenlaw, Kittle, Taylor....
No.

One.

Wants.

CJ.

Beathard.

When is this going to stop? CJ was a wasted pick that will be out of the league as soon as we cut ties with him. If we cut him now, at most he will end up on a practice squad (where he should be right now). Yet people are trying to proclaim that a team would give up a player or a draft pick for him? And you are suggesting a THIRD ROUND PICK??!?!?
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 16, 2019 at 2:37 PM ]
Colin Kaepernick is in the market
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
They have a young QB that they want to see if he's gonna be the future or they need to keep looking.

this ^^^

Let's hope we can convince them next Sunday they need a better QB than Rudolph.
FOR THE MILLIONTH FUXKING TIME. NOBODY WANTS CJ. HES GARBAGE. RUDOLPH >>>>>> CJ. YOU PPL PISSING ME OFF

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
FOR THE MILLIONTH FUXKING TIME. NOBODY WANTS CJ. HES GARBAGE. RUDOLPH >>>>>> CJ. YOU PPL PISSING ME OFF

Its a joke, bro.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Its a joke, bro.

I think that is where this thread is heading as well.

Until Pittsburgh expresses some interest in Beathard, we will put a lid on this.
Share 49ersWebzone