LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Jadeveon Clowney

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd love to get Clowney and trade Ford.

Oh yeah time to get disappointed yet again!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Yeah, Clowney has been a disappointment.

How so? Watch him on the field he's just as or more impactful even without posting the huge sack numbers. He demands a double on almost every play
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastO:

How so? Watch him on the field he's just as or more impactful even without posting the huge sack numbers. He demands a double on almost every play

Yeah, but he's missed time with nagging injuries.

I was referring more to hyping ourselves up about something that won't happen (like OBJ)

Clowney is pretty good. Obviously not #1 overall good but he's much better than what his sack numbers say (our first game against them was a prime example)

I was referring more to hyping ourselves up about something that won't happen (like OBJ)

Clowney is pretty good. Obviously not #1 overall good but he's much better than what his sack numbers say (our first game against them was a prime example)
No he's number 2 overall according to PFF so I agree he isn't number 1
Obviously with the virus and travel and physicals and all I'm sure Lynch has a plan to get him in for an offer at least. I think I heard he had micro fracture surgery tho and he certainly needs to get the sports hernia done before we throw him an offer. Core injuries can't be ignored
[ Edited by WestCoastO on Mar 28, 2020 at 10:00 PM ]
Obviously with the virus and travel and physicals and all I'm sure Lynch has a plan to get him in for an offer at least. I think I heard he had micro fracture surgery tho and he certainly needs to get the sports hernia done before we throw him an offer. Core injuries can't be ignored

If we seriously have an offer for Clowney in the works, then we better have a Ford trade in the works too.

IMHO that's too many moving parts to put on hold for that long.

If we seriously have an offer for Clowney in the works, then we better have a Ford trade in the works too.

IMHO that's too many moving parts to put on hold for that long.
I know. I'm afraid to look at Ford's contract lol
We would save 9.5 million this year if we were to trade Ford. If Clowney truly wants to get paid HUGE MONEY, then perhaps coming here on a 1 year prove it deal might benefit him tremendously. As far as the team that acquires Ford, he would come at a pretty cheap cost, 13.6 million for 2020, 15.15 million for 2021, 16.15 million for 2022, and 16.15 million for 2023. Each year he can earn up to 850K with games played+work out bonuses. Still fairly cheap for a premier edge rusher.

We might get like a 3rd for Ford, which I would do, assuming Clowney would come here on a 1 year deal. This way we get something for Ford, while probably replacing him this year with a better player. Also once Clowney leaves us after this season, we would probably net a good compensatory pick. We would how ever need to look to add a edge rusher either this year, or worse case next year in the draft.

Without Kwon and Ford this team is still a super bowl team which made their acquisitions a head scratcher. I mean none of us can look into a crystal ball and predict the future but Lynch has got to do a better job researching injuries before doling out such lucrative deals
Without Kwon and Ford this team is still a super bowl team which made their acquisitions a head scratcher. I mean none of us can look into a crystal ball and predict the future but Lynch has got to do a better job researching injuries before doling out such lucrative deals

I don't believe that statement one bit. They improved this team big time when they were healthy on the field.
Mike Garafolo thinks the chances of him going back to Seattle are "slim."

He's pretty reliable IMHO. I'd put him right under Schefter and Ian Rap.
Time to trade Ford for a 3rd round pick, and sign Clowney to a 1 year prove it deal. Coming here would allow him to get a lot of 1 on 1's and possibly allow him to have a break out season. I would still look to draft an edge rusher in the draft, because Clowney would most likely be a 1 and done here, and we will need his replacement.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Time to trade Ford for a 3rd round pick, and sign Clowney to a 1 year prove it deal. Coming here would allow him to get a lot of 1 on 1's and possibly allow him to have a break out season. I would still look to draft an edge rusher in the draft, because Clowney would most likely be a 1 and done here, and we will need his replacement.

Nah
Share 49ersWebzone