LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 204 users in the forums

Emmanuel Moseley CB Detroit Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Couldn't we have Tendered him for less $$$$ ???.. Or is the deal structured more team friendly ??

Dude deserved more cash than the base tender, and these contracts set the tone for how we take care of players.

E-Man has been with us for 3 years now - each under a difference DBs coach. He's started at outside corner and NB. While he hasn't been perfect, mainly due to being banged up last season, he's a solid #2-#3 corner, and his contract reflects that. Not bad for an UDFA.
Ok Moseley. I 👀 you.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Moseley will be a starting DB for us next year.

Nope

Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
This. He's not a starter. Good back up at best

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Woah Jed throwing around that money. 🤑
i'd be really happy with jv and em as our two outside corners
is this another case of the team overpaying for someone, which then prevents us from getting someone necessary?
i guess, the terms of the deal and its impact to the salary cap will provide the final answer to that question.
[ Edited by deepniner on Mar 12, 2021 at 12:38 PM ]
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Couldn't we have Tendered him for less $$$$ ???.. Or is the deal structured more team friendly ??

Dude deserved more cash than the base tender, and these contracts set the tone for how we take care of players.

E-Man has been with us for 3 years now - each under a difference DBs coach. He's started at outside corner and NB. While he hasn't been perfect, mainly due to being banged up last season, he's a solid #2-#3 corner, and his contract reflects that. Not bad for an UDFA.

This is how I feel. I'll never hate on an UDFA getting some cash after he busts his tail making the roster and makes his way on the field as a starter. Well deserved. Solid player
Originally posted by deepniner:
is this another case of the team overpaying for someone, which then prevents us from getting someone necessary?
i guess, the terms of the deal and its impact to the salary cap will provide the final answer to that question.

You kidding me? Someone necessary? Do you even know our CB situation?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by deepniner:

Eman is someone necessary
Expected move. E-Man is a good player.

Good signing if he doesn't have to guard any #1 WRs and you completely forget about 3rd and 15
GREAT MOVE!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Love me some Moseley
Originally posted by Heroism:
Expected move. E-Man is a good player.

This. Can't wait to get the actual #'s of the deal
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Why does this mean he walks?

If we end up re-signing Trent, we may not be able to keep JV depending on his asking price. Its just a guess but if we lose anyone due to cap space, i can see it being JV. It seems this FO likes youth at DB and wouldn't be surprised if they make secondary a priority in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone