Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Would rather trade for Minkah.

+1
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

+1

Me too, but only if it costs less than a 2nd round pick. Maybe 2020 3rd and 2021 4th or something.
Send them Armstead and a 4th. He reunited with Tomsula and their 3-4D
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Can he play LT
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:

Can he play LT

who needs an LT anyway?

After seeing some sloppy plays from kwaun yesterday. I might agree.

Wouldnt be pissed at all about getting Trent though. That dude is elite. But If we do get Williams, then what happens with Joe and Mike? Move mike to guard? Can't imagine him being too good there.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Sep 16, 2019 at 12:58 PM ]

Too late. Pittsburg getting him for a 1st
I really hope we are actively trying to get this guy. We really need to do something about our line before Jimmy gets knocked out.
  • dj43
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I really hope we are actively trying to get this guy. We really need to do something about our line before Jimmy gets knocked out.

I'm sure Lynch would love to have him but, at what cost?

We could likely get him for next years 1st round pick, however, Williams is 31 years old with a lengthy history of injuries. He has 2-5 years left. Our #1 pick next season would almost certainly be Staley's replacement. We would hope that guy would start for 10+ years.

What would be the best use of that #1?

I vote for scheming to help Skule until Staley gets back.
Two fullback sets at gun. Eff it.

I would throw a 3rd, Richie James and a conditional 5th/6th/7th for Williams.
Williams might be worth a big money contract , but we can't afford to hamstring our salary cap to pay him what he deserves or what he may think he deserves and also send the Redskins compensation for him. It just doesn't work for the 49ers. Someone will pay him, and maybe even pay the Redskins to get him before the end of his current contract, but that team likely will not be a consistent winner. As good as it would be to have a dominant force at his position in his prime I wouldn't do it when you have to give up substantial draft capital and salary cap space to get him. If there was no cap I'd bring him in, but that isn't the NFL world we live in.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Wow that organization is so awful. Hes now worth half the amount he was worth 2 years ago.
Want nothing to do with this scumbag
Share 49ersWebzone