LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 217 users in the forums

Anthony Davis, here we go again

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
If he gets into shape he's the best tackle on the team not named Staley or McGlinchey.

Maybe in 2014. The pace of competition is so fast you get left behind really quick. Hes been gone for 4 years, and is 30. His career is over, especially considering hes a quitter.

He quit on the team twice. F him.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Exactly this. I'd be willing to trade his rights to the first sucker team we could rip off though.
He's a good player, if he commits himself. I don't know what kind of shape he is in or where his head is at. I believe he quit both times because he saw the team falling apart. The first time when Harbaugh, Justin and Willis were leaving and the 2nd time just before the season started with Chip Kelly that we won a whopping 2 games.

If his head is straight and he sees the team as improving, he'd probably stick it out. If I were a head coach, I'd probably insist that he restructure his contract so that if he quits early he gets nothing (or close to it). If he refuses, then trade him to a bottom of the barrel team for a 7th round conditional pick.
This guy is a fool.
Definition of a Bum.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
He's a good player, if he commits himself. I don't know what kind of shape he is in or where his head is at. I believe he quit both times because he saw the team falling apart. The first time when Harbaugh, Justin and Willis were leaving and the 2nd time just before the season started with Chip Kelly that we won a whopping 2 games.

If his head is straight and he sees the team as improving, he'd probably stick it out. If I were a head coach, I'd probably insist that he restructure his contract so that if he quits early he gets nothing (or close to it). If he refuses, then trade him to a bottom of the barrel team for a 7th round conditional pick.

Come back to reality. He hasn't played a single snap in 4 years. No one is trading anything for him.
I think the dude was smart enough to realize what the NFL does to your body. I also think he probably didn't plan his money accordingly. He might not be dead broke....but he realizes his window on earning "NFL" income is closing.

I personally never disliked the dude, to me he was kinda like Borland and Coffee. I assumed West Coast doctors didn't mince words about head injuries and players took that to heart. Head injuries are real. Not everyone can shake them off the same. I have zero issues with that scaring the HELL out of players. I had one head injury in high school, and don't remember the game or the day after it. I had to close calls...i had one. I am sure NFL players have times were they are not even sure if that hit was a concussion or really just a hard hit. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt.

If he wants to go 100% and the money is right for the 49ers, i am all for him coming back. The 49ers need to be really protected on like a two year deal in my mind. We have to assume season 1 of the deal is going to be chaotic, unless the dude is in amazing shape. Season 2 is really the pay off. Season 3, he gets a new deal based on his actual worth.

If anything, isn't anyone else curious to see if a come back like this can be done? Hell i am just curious to watch him try, so we can get a first hand account of what happens when you take a good nfl player and sit him for 10 years. How are we ever going to know if Uncle Rico actually stood a chance with that mountain unless some one actually tries.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Prob shoulda done this two years ago. 30 is on the wrong side of 30.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
If he really is serious about coming back I'd be more than happy to welcome him back to compete for guard and be the the swing tackle

Guy is trying to do some type of scam.

Puts in no work. Leaves right before the regular season or fakes an injury. Not worth it. Idc.

He was in great shape the last time he came back. I think he just got his bell rung again near the end of preseason and got scared.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Come back to reality. He hasn't played a single snap in 4 years. No one is trading anything for him.

Everything is pending a physical these days. He played at a high level when he played, if he's in football shape there is zero reason to think he can't be a solid player now. I don't think a 7th is unreasonable would be unreasonable. Now if he comes back fat and slow, sure, you're right.
Best of luck to him but that should be someone else's gamble. Cut him.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Everything is pending a physical these days. He played at a high level when he played, if he's in football shape there is zero reason to think he can't be a solid player now. I don't think a 7th is unreasonable would be unreasonable. Now if he comes back fat and slow, sure, you're right.

Which again was over 4 years ago. Let's not be naive. It's not like he's going to be pick up right where he left off back then and he's almost certainly not going to be in football shape after that much time off.
Originally posted by KamLeon:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Exactly this. I'd be willing to trade his rights to the first sucker team we could rip off though.

Shanny aint got time for his BS.
Share 49ersWebzone