LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Anthony Davis, here we go again

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, he's probably fat and out of shape, having already quit twice on the team, I don't see ShanaLynch giving him another shot.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
He's a good player, if he commits himself. I don't know what kind of shape he is in or where his head is at. I believe he quit both times because he saw the team falling apart. The first time when Harbaugh, Justin and Willis were leaving and the 2nd time just before the season started with Chip Kelly that we won a whopping 2 games.

If his head is straight and he sees the team as improving, he'd probably stick it out. If I were a head coach, I'd probably insist that he restructure his contract so that if he quits early he gets nothing (or close to it). If he refuses, then trade him to a bottom of the barrel team for a 7th round conditional pick.

Come back to reality. He hasn't played a single snap in 4 years. No one is trading anything for him.

Everything is pending a physical these days. He played at a high level when he played, if he's in football shape there is zero reason to think he can't be a solid player now. I don't think a 7th is unreasonable would be unreasonable. Now if he comes back fat and slow, sure, you're right.

Which again was over 4 years ago. Let's not be naive. It's not like he's going to be pick up right where he left off back then and he's almost certainly not going to be in football shape after that much time off.

Ya we aint getting s**t for him.
We all know what his plan is.
1. Broke
2. Make a comeback
3. Make money
4. Get "injured"
5. Retire...again
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
He's a good player, if he commits himself. I don't know what kind of shape he is in or where his head is at. I believe he quit both times because he saw the team falling apart. The first time when Harbaugh, Justin and Willis were leaving and the 2nd time just before the season started with Chip Kelly that we won a whopping 2 games.

If his head is straight and he sees the team as improving, he'd probably stick it out. If I were a head coach, I'd probably insist that he restructure his contract so that if he quits early he gets nothing (or close to it). If he refuses, then trade him to a bottom of the barrel team for a 7th round conditional pick.

Come back to reality. He hasn't played a single snap in 4 years. No one is trading anything for him.

Everything is pending a physical these days. He played at a high level when he played, if he's in football shape there is zero reason to think he can't be a solid player now. I don't think a 7th is unreasonable would be unreasonable. Now if he comes back fat and slow, sure, you're right.

Which again was over 4 years ago. Let's not be naive. It's not like he's going to be pick up right where he left off back then and he's almost certainly not going to be in football shape after that much time off.

Ya we aint getting s**t for him.

+1
I would rather get the other Anthony Davis from New Orleans, so we can add another big bodied wide receiver.
Wish we would just cut this guy so the drama is resolved and we can stop seeing this thread at the top of the NFL page.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
If he really is serious about coming back I'd be more than happy to welcome him back to compete for guard and be the the swing tackle

Guy is trying to do some type of scam.

Puts in no work. Leaves right before the regular season or fakes an injury. Not worth it. Idc.

This x 100000000000
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Wish we would just cut this guy so the drama is resolved and we can stop seeing this thread at the top of the NFL page.

I bet the Pats would take him.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
If he really is serious about coming back I'd be more than happy to welcome him back to compete for guard and be the the swing tackle

Guy is trying to do some type of scam.

Puts in no work. Leaves right before the regular season or fakes an injury. Not worth it. Idc.

This x 100000000000

I mean he got a concussion. not sure what the fake injury thing is.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We all know what his plan is.
1. Broke
2. Make a comeback
3. Make money
4. Get "injured"
5. Retire...again

Spot on.

Remember when he broke up the Harbaugh Schwartz conflict after the game? He was so amused by the whole thing. Good times.

Yep, too bad he is a quitter. I WANT WINNERS lol.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Unfortunately for us his best highlight of his career.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Bump.

Originally posted by wysiwyg:

One of my favorite games/moments from the Harbaugh era. Such a fun season
Share 49ersWebzone