There are 193 users in the forums

Anthony Davis, here we go again

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Yep, too bad he is a quitter. I WANT WINNERS lol.

One of my favorite games/moments from the Harbaugh era. Such a fun season

never quite figured out the little man in the middle. used to see him all the time in games and he was always usually right in the middle of anything,..... ok.. that game.. when we were down in a hostile stadium and it looked bad.... when we came back to win.. that is the point when i said... ok.. i think we are a different team and we are contenders . that was the turning point for me
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
cc forgot to say... i miss the niners who were so dang good on the road and except for a game at minnesota were usually ready to play the game
I say bring him in and make him the highest paid tackle in the league.
bring that f**ker in and see what happens
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Dude is not on a minimum contract. Getting paid like a starter. I dunno.
Originally posted by cciowa:

never quite figured out the little man in the middle. used to see him all the time in games and he was always usually right in the middle of anything,..... ok.. that game.. when we were down in a hostile stadium and it looked bad.... when we came back to win.. that is the point when i said... ok.. i think we are a different team and we are contenders . that was the turning point for me

Yup . That game the PHI game...but the game where I legitimately thought they were title contenders was the Giants game. That really was one of my favorite seasons just because it came out Of nowhere and happened so fast. Kind of similar to 81'...too bad they couldn't close the deal
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Yup . That game the PHI game...but the game where I legitimately thought they were title contenders was the Giants game. That really was one of my favorite seasons just because it came out Of nowhere and happened so fast. Kind of similar to 81'...too bad they couldn't close the deal
I Totally get the philly game. love that the coach took us out there , made us stay. i think we even did a practice in a parking lot once to get used to that time frame
If he unretires, is he automatically a niner?

Do we still have his rights? If so, and if we cut him when he comes out of retirement, would that lead to dead money?
cc forgot to say... i miss the niners who were so dang good on the road and except for a game at minnesota were usually ready to play the game

He was the Public Relations guy... i remember watching the highlight over and over and seeing his funny facial expressions as he intervened the scrum.
You could argue this one being the game-changer of the season... but i'd have to with the Philly game .

BTW-- back on topic... give A.D a shot- see what happens.
[ Edited by SFVNiner on May 10, 2019 at 1:02 PM ]

Originally posted by TheXFactor:

He talks about himself in third person if you haven't noticed lol
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Or rather forgets which alt he is using.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Or rather forgets which alt he is using.

That too. Lol
There is no harm in letting him come to camp and battle for a spot. It would be nice if he could beat out Person for RG, and also be the swing tackle if Staley or McGlinchey get hurt. Person goes to the bench and backs up all 3 interior spots. We're going to need depth on the o-line, and having Person+Garnett on the bench is a good sign.
Shanalynch have no ties to this guy, so I expect them to probably just cut him outright. If anything they'll ask Staley about him, and when Joe gives them the thumbs down he'll be let go.
[ Edited by captveg on May 10, 2019 at 5:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone