Kaden Smith - TE- Stanford, claimed by NY Giants

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Please stop

Toilolo / Dwelley >>> Smith... all day

We all new we kept and extra TE and WR to keep that bench warm for days like this.

I might be in the minority here but Kaden > Dwelley. Dwelley hasn't done sh*t in a real NFL game. Kaden has a higher ceiling.

Agreed. I was confused as to why they didn't cut Dwelley.

Maybe, just maybe, I could be wrong (I am often wrong), but maybe Shanny is spot on with this decision and we're just being fans

lol Shanahan just used a draft pick on Kaden Smith 5 months ago, and Ross Dwelley has done nothing. Im not a Kaden Smith fan, im just questioning how you give up on your own draft pick 5 months in for a scrap heap guy. Apparently Shanahan made a bad choice by taking Smith.
Please stop

We all new we kept and extra TE and WR to keep that bench warm for days like this.

I might be in the minority here but Kaden > Dwelley. Dwelley hasn't done sh*t in a real NFL game. Kaden has a higher ceiling.

Maybe, just maybe, I could be wrong (I am often wrong), but maybe Shanny is spot on with this decision and we're just being fans

lol Shanahan just used a draft pick on Kaden Smith 5 months ago, and Ross Dwelley has done nothing. Im not a Kaden Smith fan, im just questioning how you give up on your own draft pick 5 months in for a scrap heap guy. Apparently Shanahan made a bad choice by taking Smith.

That's not really that uncommon with 6th and 7th round picks. Sometimes they don't pan out or sometimes you would prefer to have them on the practice squad for a year.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Please stop

That's not really that uncommon with 6th and 7th round picks. Sometimes they don't pan out or sometimes you would prefer to have them on the practice squad for a year.
Right.

Also, sometimes it's just a numbers game and you have to cut guys you really did not want to, because you had so many others guys you don't want to lose.

Interesting how some so called fans laugh at our HC or make moronic claims like "it was a bad choice" when tough decisions have to be made. JFC.
This guy caught 23 of 30 passes this season. He didn't really play until the last 6 games of the season. In the last 2 games, he had 14 catches, 133 rec yards, and 2 TD.

I wish we could kept him on the roster. Oh well.
Just looked up how he did for the Giants...wow hopefully this one doesn't come back to hurt us.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
He was claimed from the PS. There's nothing really what you can do. He wasn't and he isn't better than the four guys we have/ had.
Originally posted by Mayor:
He was claimed from the PS. There's nothing really what you can do. He wasn't and he isn't better than the four guys we have/ had.

Easily better than Celek.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Just looked up how he did for the Giants...wow hopefully this one doesn't come back to hurt us.

268 yards and 3 TDs on a team that has nothing and has been playing from behind in all their games?

Yea I'm not losing sleep over this dude.
[ Edited by Scottie15 on Jan 3, 2020 at 11:49 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Maybe not early on based on what they saw. But I like Dwelley. Would be nice to have both. Oh well..we can draft more ofa . TE/FB type in this draft.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Cutting a #3 TE? Doubtful. I'd be shocked if he was anything better than a Garrett Celek level player when all is said and done. Would have been nice to keep but he's not someone that is going to move the dial for you.

Originally posted by Scottie15:
268 yards and 3 TDs on a team that has nothing and has been playing from behind in all their games?

Remember when people were pissed that the 49ers cut Jeremey Kerley.

"He gonna go to Seattle and the first time he scores he's gonna take that football and shove it up Shanahan's ass!"

Meh.

So so players tend to put up big stats on bad teams that are constantly playing from behind and then vanish when defenses actually start to focus on covering them.
What a find in the later rounds of the draft
If people are disappointed in this, and this regime found Kittle and Smith, shouldn't they be confident they can do it again with they think we need another TE so bad?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Scottie15:

Remember when people were pissed that the 49ers cut Jeremey Kerley.

"He gonna go to Seattle and the first time he scores he's gonna take that football and shove it up Shanahan's ass!"

Meh.

So so players tend to put up big stats on bad teams that are constantly playing from behind and then vanish when defenses actually start to focus on covering them.

So I guess I'm the only one who thought / thinks Smith is a player.........Jeremy Kerley ?...really
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Celek wasn't taking a roster spot at the time though. No place To out him other than the PS.
Share 49ersWebzone