There are 198 users in the forums

Kaden Smith - TE- Stanford, claimed by NY Giants

Shop 49ers game tickets
move him to non niner talk?
I liked him and was hoping we'd cut Toilolo instead

Ah well...
Wait is he on the Giants 53 or practice squad?
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

53. Can't claim someone to the practice squad.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

53. Can't claim someone to the practice squad.

Now they could cut him and expose him to waivers again.....
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
not sure what the big deal is, at best, he'll just be another CELEK for the moment.. he can't ahead of Boy Toi as the backup.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Please stop

Toilolo / Dwelley >>> Smith... all day

We all new we kept and extra TE and WR to keep that bench warm for days like this.
Hopefully he doesn't score a TD in an NFCCG against us like Bear Pascoe. Also, f*** the Giants
Originally posted by LVJay:
Please stop

We all new we kept and extra TE and WR to keep that bench warm for days like this.

I might be in the minority here but Kaden > Dwelley. Dwelley hasn't done sh*t in a real NFL game. Kaden has a higher ceiling.
Please stop

I might be in the minority here but Kaden > Dwelley. Dwelley hasn't done sh*t in a real NFL game. Kaden has a higher ceiling.

Agreed. I was confused as to why they didn't cut Dwelley.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Please stop

Maybe, just maybe, I could be wrong (I am often wrong), but maybe Shanny is spot on with this decision and we're just being fans
Originally posted by Niners99:
Please stop

Maybe, just maybe, I could be wrong (I am often wrong), but maybe Shanny is spot on with this decision and we're just being fans

It honestly just came down to the fact Dwelley has a whole year extra of the system down and Kaden is still pretty new to it.

This most likely. He's a better judge of talent especially at the te position. All practices were very very good reviews of the plays Dwelley was making and maybe 1 day I heard it was Smith. (At least the ones open to reporters)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
It honestly just came down to the fact Dwelley has a whole year extra of the system down and Kaden is still pretty new to it.

I think so too. He may have more upside than Dwelley tho, like you mentioned. But maybe that difference of Dwelley's one yr exp compared to waiting for Smith's upside to progress....Shanny thinks we can win now (playoffs).
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
This most likely. He's a better judge of talent especially at the te position. All practices were very very good reviews of the plays Dwelley was making and maybe 1 day I heard it was Smith. (At least the ones open to reporters)

Wtf are the Giants going to do with him (they have like 4/5 TEs)
Share 49ersWebzone