There are 185 users in the forums

Amazing idea instead of the ProBowl

• Buchy
  • Veteran
This is genius!

[ Edited by Buchy on Dec 20, 2018 at 6:28 AM ]
Horrible idea. The NBA is a joke with their lottery. Not helping the worst team with the best positioning is the best way to keep the worst team stay the worst team.
Yeah terrible idea. Imagine how the players in a position deemed a critical need are going to feel.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Amazingly stupid idea instead of the ProBowl
I don't watch the Oscars, Emmys, Grammies or the Pro Bowl

All trash.
  • thl408
No player is putting his health on the line for a game that doesn't count towards the standings. What if they are a pending free agent and won't be with the team next season? Why should they risk anything to help a team they may not be with?

The Pro Bowl should be a game of bowling to see which player is the best bowler of the Pro Bowlers. This way no players get hurt. No one will watch but that's nothing different than the current Pro Bowl.
two worst teams play, loser has to move to London.
Originally posted by thl408:
No player is putting his health on the line for a game that doesn't count towards the standings. What if they are a pending free agent and won't be with the team next season? Why should they risk anything to help a team they may not be with?

The Pro Bowl should be a game of bowling to see which player is the best bowler of the Pro Bowlers. This way no players get hurt. No one will watch but that's nothing different than the current Pro Bowl.

Plus the consensus 1st pick like Luck, Garrett or Bosa you know damn well the player on the team would intentionally lose the game on purpose
Originally posted by Buchy:
This is genius!

YOU JUST LOST ALL POINTS FROM THIS THREAD...
Originally posted by thl408:

"Let me play really hard in this game to earn the right for the #1 pick so the team drafts my replacement #1 overall and cuts me in the offseason!"

I rather just see the skills game brought back, i don't know if they do that anymore since i rarely watch the pro bowl. let me see QBs competing against each other, who throws it the hardest, furthest, most accurate. and a 40 yard dash between players as well, and some strong man competitions.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
two worst teams play, loser has to move to London.

I like this, or at least they lose a home game or two, to london.
There are obviously some major issues as to why this would not ever happen, but as a fan, I'd be down for it.
Naw. No way you could sell tickets to that.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 20, 2018 at 10:31 AM ]
I have a better idea. Do away with the Pro Bowl completely. Look at how many players pass it up because they either don't want to go or worry about getting hurt in a meaningless game. Just name the players and send them a trophy. Most of them probably get a bonus for making the team and that is all they really care about.
Share 49erswebzone