Amazing idea instead of the ProBowl

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Naw. No way you could sell tickets to that.

doubt that. even though i dont like that idea, it would still sell. people sell out stadiums during preseason game #4.
Just have a bikini fashion show with the players wives and/or girlfiends
let me edit this: not the players, wives and girlfriends. The players "wife" or "girlfriend" or in some cases both I guess.
I personally have no interest in watching Trent Brown parade around in a speedo but to each his own. Read it however pleases you.
[ Edited by Sourball on Dec 20, 2018 at 12:57 PM ]
Lol what does that have to with the pro bowl
I'd love this idea, why not?

The pro bowl game is pointless, but as long they did the competition games i'd be good with just that.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
doubt that. even though i dont like that idea, it would still sell. people sell out stadiums during preseason game #4.

Ok but that's Minnesota selling Minnesota Vikings tickets not Hawaii selling the Lions v the Browns preseason game.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 20, 2018 at 1:42 PM ]
I rather just see the skills game brought back, i don't know if they do that anymore since i rarely watch the pro bowl. let me see QBs competing against each other, who throws it the hardest, furthest, most accurate. and a 40 yard dash between players as well, and some strong man competitions.

This. Winners get cash and/or donations to their charity. Larry Allen's bench press performance was better than any pro bowl game.
This makes me think of the Sacko Bowl from the show The League.
Originally posted by Sourball:
Just have a bikini fashion show with the players wives and/or girlfiends
let me edit this: not the players, wives and girlfriends. The players "wife" or "girlfriend" or in some cases both I guess.
I personally have no interest in watching Trent Brown parade around in a speedo but to each his own. Read it however pleases you.

Originally posted by susweel:
Lol what does that have to with the pro bowl
Absolutely nothing. Except draw viewers for the NFL brand. OK bad idea
Carry on.
Get rid of the pro bowl. Go back to Super Bowl champs vs college all stars lol

I rather just see the skills game brought back, i don't know if they do that anymore since i rarely watch the pro bowl. let me see QBs competing against each other, who throws it the hardest, furthest, most accurate. and a 40 yard dash between players as well, and some strong man competitions.

I could go for the skills competition.
Yeah these players will totally play hard to get a player that could potentially replace them.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I have a better idea. Do away with the Pro Bowl completely. Look at how many players pass it up because they either don't want to go or worry about getting hurt in a meaningless game. Just name the players and send them a trophy. Most of them probably get a bonus for making the team and that is all they really care about.

This.

I always thought the highlight of Pro Bowl week was the unveiling of the All Madden Team.
Go back to having the pro bowl in Hawaii every year, and AFTER the Super Bowl is over so the best players can actually be there, and want to be there.

Then play the game like you care who wins.

Then people might actually watch again.

Also, do skills challenges that people want to see, like 40 yard dash races with significant prize money at stake, and bring back the bench press challenge. NFL's fastest man, and strongest man would bring views. Nobody wants to see Drew Brees throw footballs at moving targets or Jarvis Landry drop the one handed catch 4 times in a row.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 25, 2018 at 1:13 AM ]
Share 49erswebzone