There are 117 users in the forums

Starting an NFL Franchise today, Shanny or McVay?

Starting an NFL Franchise today, Shanny or McVay?

This is expanding on the Mahomes vs. Jimmy G thread. I know McVay walked into a pretty loaded team and has done pretty well this year. Shanny is basically starting from scratch.

If you had your pick, who would you prefer? If McVay, please explain why :)
[ Edited by OC49erLuVeR on Dec 12, 2018 at 4:47 PM ]
I'm sure this thread will go very well and nobody will try to stir any pots!
Originally posted by susweel:

I know right. How can anyone in their right mind choose McVag?
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
I know right. How can anyone in their right mind choose McVag?

We shall see! haha. I'm sure there is someone that's gonna vote for him. If they do, I hope they explain why...
McVay

I was cool with getting either but favor McVay a bit starting with the SB and continuing on as I have seen what he has done in LA. I like Shanny too.
I'll take Shanny who can make a UDFA QB look like a decent starting QB.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

You dont think McVay could do that? He certainly made a kid who struggled big time his rookie year become one of the better QBs in the league.

I like both coaches and would be happy with either to be honest. Gun to my head... Id take McVay.
I'll take the guy that wouldn't pass up on Mahomes or Watson or Trubisky in place for CJ Beathard......that's the guy I'd take. The one not obsessed with untalented QBs.
Loving the influx of comparison threads. Threads with real debate are the best.

Lol, even jed wanted McVay, but scared him off.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
so... what happens with beathard? by your logic, Shanahan should've been an to make him into a superstar. the way McVay has done with that "bust" Goff.
Originally posted by awp8912:
I'll take the guy that wouldn't pass up on Mahomes or Watson or Trubisky in place for CJ Beathard......that's the guy I'd take. The one not obsessed with untalented QBs.

Maybe Shanny is just comfortable with pocket passers a la Cousins and Ryan. Not sure if Trubisky is that good.

With that said, I'm happy with Shanny. I think he's improving and better than most of the HCs out there. I think McVay is in a good situation with Wade Phillips? Shanny has insisted on Saleh and supported him. Shanny came in and wanted Lynch, right? Some of the decision making could be better but it's not easy being HC. It's a lot of learning...but he can always consult with others. Saleh and Lynch to aren't that experienced. Isn't his dad a phone call away?
  • dj43
At the time, Shanahan would be my choice. He had seen a lot more football in a lot more places. McVay now has the huge advantage of not having to seriously look at defense at all. If he had not had Wade Philips, where would he be?

Also, I will take Shanahan's offensive concepts over McVay. Kyle is getting near practice squad guys running wide open where McVay relies on a heavy run game and some very good quality WRs. Does anyone think any of our WRs would start in LA?

Too many apples/oranges going on but an interesting thread nonetheless.
22-7

Vs.

9-20

Share 49erswebzone