LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 282 users in the forums

Earl Thomas FS

Shop 49ers game tickets

Earl Thomas FS

Originally posted by Team49ers:
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Next time this guy suits up, he'll be in a Cowboys uniform.

I think he ends up with us. Revenge, scheme, Uncle Sherm, cap space.

I agree. He does want to play for his cowboys, maybe sherman can do some convincing. If ET joins us too, seattle will be even more butthurt.
Dallas has a decision to make, pay huge money to both Lawrence and maybe Thomas? Or let Lawrence walk to us hopefully when they still have to decide with Dak and Elliott will be coming up.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Let's get Earl, Bell, Tate, and Ansah and draft Bosa. Super Bowl here we come!

Just give me Earl T. and Ansah then draft Bosa. I bet with those three that would immediately put the 9ers in the Playoffs.

Ansah is always hurt for the money he'll ask, give me Demarcus Lawrence and earl then draft bosa and this d can make a 180
And this ship is about to sail. How long is Earl out for?
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
And this ship is about to sail. How long is Earl out for?

He's out until the official start of the 2019 NFL season when he can sign to be a 49er.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Knowing that Paarag has never done a bad team deal -- how could anybody be against signing this dude?

Paarag is the king of the "2 years and we'll see..."
I am assuming the NO votes are because people dont want to trade for him.

But since he will be a free agent, the correct answer is yes. Our defense is terrible and cant tackle. He will help both parts of that statement.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Dallas is eating a lot of dead money, but next year they'll have the cap space to retain Lawrence/Dak and possibly make a run at ET.

And I wish 49ers fans would stop suggesting Ziggy Ansah. That would be a terrible signing, a more expensive Malcolm Smith. No to darkness!
Not gonna lie. I'd love to have Earl. Dude was absolutely beasting this year before getting hurt. I'm sure theres some smoke and fire to the Dallas rumors but maybe some of the former Seahawks on the roster can recruit Earl to look this way, especially his old defensive backfield running mate.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Knowing that Paarag has never done a bad team deal -- how could anybody be against signing this dude?

Paarag is the king of the "2 years and we'll see..."

This is the thing to consider. Having Earl back there would help us a lot. Also, if we actually give them (Sherman and Thomas) a legit pass rush, that would take some pressure off of them.
There's a pretty good track record of older, HOF safeties going to other teams later and flourishing (Lynch, Dawkins etc). Well maybe it's just safeties that go to Denver lol

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Let's get Earl, Bell, Tate, and Ansah and draft Bosa. Super Bowl here we come!

Just give me Earl T. and Ansah then draft Bosa. I bet with those three that would immediately put the 9ers in the Playoffs.

Ansah is always hurt for the money he'll ask, give me Demarcus Lawrence and earl then draft bosa and this d can make a 180

I say Ansah because Martin Mayhew drafted him and I think he would love to bring him to SF if set free. Shoot but I'd love DeMarcus Lawrence too, but I've heard he has a bunch of red flags so I have my doubts about him.
I say Ansah because Martin Mayhew drafted him and I think he would love to bring him to SF if set free. Shoot but I'd love DeMarcus Lawrence too, but I've heard he has a bunch of red flags so I have my doubts about him.

Ansah can't stay healthy. Already missed 4 games this year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FL9er:
Dallas is eating a lot of dead money, but next year they'll have the cap space to retain Lawrence/Dak and possibly make a run at ET.

And I wish 49ers fans would stop suggesting Ziggy Ansah. That would be a terrible signing, a more expensive Malcolm Smith. No to darkness!

Again, just connecting the dots to Mayhew and Ansah. I personally would love to get Dante Fowler, Clelin Ferrell, Nick Bosa and Josh Allen over Ansah.

Again, just connecting the dots to Mayhew and Ansah. I personally would love to get Dante Fowler, Clelin Ferrell, Nick Bosa and Josh Allen over Ansah.

Fowler and Ferell I'm assuming we'll have too many wins for Bosa. Would a D-line of Ferell-Buckner-Thomas-Fowler be overkill? :
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Fowler and Ferell I'm assuming we'll have too many wins for Bosa. Would a D-line of Ferell-Buckner-Thomas-Fowler be overkill? :

Hell no !
Share 49ersWebzone