There are 254 users in the forums

Raiders Unload Mack: Good Move or Bad

Shop 49ers game tickets

Raiders Unload Mack: Good Move or Bad

Mods -- if you can fold this into the current Mack thread -- even better. I'd like to see how fans are really reacting. As for me? I think it's a shrewd move on the part of the Raiders. Mack was good -- yes. He was very good. But is he the greatest defensive player in the NFL today? Not in my opinion. It's not like he made the Raiders defense great. He couldn't will this team to win on his own. I think the Chicago Bears got fleeced. Again.
It's very obvious the only choice is option 3 at this point. Everything else right now is speculation.
Can't merge because of the poll
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Can't merge because of the poll

Sorry
it's good if Mitch looks good this year, that offense plays well, and they look like a decent team. if that offense sucks, Bears will go 4-12 even with Mack. and they will have to look for a QB again, and waste Macks first 3 years with that team.

although, some seem to be under the impression that Mack can make your whole team great, even though he couldn't even make the Raiders defense not look awful last year.
that vegas life tho
Raiders giving up that 2nd round pick in 2020 makes them huge losers in this trade in my opinion.
I wish we got fleeced like the bears.
Unfortunately we can't answer now. It will take a few years to know who won this trade.
I think it sends a bad message in the short term.

• dj43
If the reports of Davis' financial inability to meet the trust fund requirements of the guaranteed money to Mack are true, it is "good" in that the Raiders go something now that they would not get if Mack played out his contract and walked away leaving them with nothing next year.
[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 1, 2018 at 9:32 PM ]
depends on who Raiders draft

good luck getting a premier pass rusher
Originally posted by dj43:
If the reports of Davis' financial inability to meet the trust fund requirements of the guaranteed money to Mack are true, it is "good" in that the Raiders go something now that they would not get if Mack played out his contract and walked away leaving them with nothing next year.
At this point I really think Davis doesn't- didn't- have the guaranteed money to plop down for Mack and a new contract as the guarantees are pretty high. But he could of talked to the guy and worked out a deal in one form or another.

Chucky probably wasn't interested though.

Guaranteed money might be a big problem in the near future though. With Cousins 100 percent guaranteed deal starting the ball rolling small market teams might struggle- more than just a bit- to pony up huge chunks of cash at once for 6 year contracts.

Big market teams? Not so much
[ Edited by Bitplayer on Sep 2, 2018 at 8:55 PM ]
Draft picks are gold and #1's are platinum. The Raiders are in a financial bind and winning can start once they're in Vegas. Mack was good but he's no Lawrence Taylor.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
No way in hell Mack was worth that, it's a good move by the Raiders and utter stupidity by the Bears.

The guy is 27, in three years they're going to be paying him like a franchise QB when he's a 30 year old edge rusher and they gave up the farm to get him. I don't know the full details of his contract in regards to if they have an out but it seems like a huge amount over 6 years that will see them paying him a fortune on the downward side of his career.
Share 49ersWebzone