LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 125 users in the forums

Eric Reid thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by HomerJ:
So this guy decides to protest on employee time.

Then he posts on social media about how he knows his actions could affect his NFL career and he is good with it.

Then he posts complaints on social media about not getting any offers and he is being blackballed..

Then it comes to light that SF in fact offered him a contract that he turned down..

Then he has a visit with Cincy and denies to follow the rules that are requested by this potential employer. Leaves without a contract.

Then he files a lawsuit against the NFL because no-one will give him a job???

what a joke.

It's a joke that the very owner of a team who have employed numerous felons approaches him, asks if he's going to stop protesting, doesn't like the answer and nixxes the deal.

It's a bigger joke that people think that is ok.
did those felons say they are not going to stop ?

lol so beating a woman is the equivalent of kneeling during the national anthem? pretty sure there's laws against one and not the other...
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Then he posts on social media about how he knows his actions could affect his NFL career and he is good with it.

Then he posts complaints on social media about not getting any offers and he is being blackballed..

Then it comes to light that SF in fact offered him a contract that he turned down..

Then he has a visit with Cincy and denies to follow the rules that are requested by this potential employer. Leaves without a contract.

what a joke.

It's a joke that the very owner of a team who have employed numerous felons approaches him, asks if he's going to stop protesting, doesn't like the answer and nixxes the deal.

lol so beating a woman is the equivalent of kneeling during the national anthem? pretty sure there's laws against one and not the other...
no where does it say its equal

what a joke.

So, you think one is a lot worst than the other?
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

what a joke.

that is irrelevant to the discussion. My thoughts have no influences on what players continue or not continue to do for employment
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Sure you could prove it. It would require an email, text message, voice mail, transcript, a witness or something of that sort.

Absolutely correct, and the claim is supported by two separate teams having the same conversation with another player.

Unfortunately it is all just blowing smoke unless they find a judge brave enough to probe communications of the owners.
just because some owners have the same views doesn't mean they colluded

Of course it doesn't, as I said you would need a judge brave enough to order a communications probe.

I think the issue is big enough for it, unfortunately the targets have too much power and influence, so we'll probably never know.

Maybe they'll be an anonymous whistle blower!
whistle blower.. or comm probe for Owners and coaches views that a back up QB will be more distraction then anything ?

Should Dez Bryant get on this collusion suit also ?

It is a grievance, not a suit, and each one is separate.

what a joke.

that is irrelevant to the discussion. My thoughts have no influences on what players continue or not continue to do for employment

It's relevant to part of point of the poster you quoted.
  • Stud

what a joke.

Actions have consequences. Eric Reid became a big boy and found that out.

Plus, like somebody said, he's not bigger than the team. Unfortunately, he thinks he is.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
In the NFL you work from a contract...one that only has to satisfy a few NFLPA agreed upon provisions and outside of those provisions the contract can say anything and cover everything and the incentive to sign for the player is typically the ridiculous amount of money they pay you to workout year round and play a game.

Reid like Kap has lost his way in understanding this. If he wants to kneel that's fine it's his right to protest the govt. but if he wants to tell a potential employer what he will and won't do under contract and gets upset when they disagree with him...well that's on him.

If this is still confusing...the NFL is not the Government...your right to protest is not protected from your employer.
[ Edited by jcs on May 3, 2018 at 2:18 PM ]

what a joke.

no it doesn't. my views of whats worse DV vs Kneeling is irrelevant

This is about players stopping from what they done so they can play in the future. if they don't want to stop, then good luck to them
  • Stud

what a joke.

It's irrelevant and you know it. Quit trolling please.

Originally posted by Stud:
It's irrelevant and you know it. Quit trolling please.

Adding nothing to the discussion with this,so please take your own advice.

This is about players stopping from what they done so they can play in the future. if they don't want to stop, then good luck to them

Everything in here is mostly opinions and views, since no one here actually have know what goes on in FO. But it's fine if you don't want to answer the question. I think I already know your answer anyways.

The point is that, owners appear to be more worried about players kneeling than than actual crimes committed by players that have a worse effect on NFL perception.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on May 3, 2018 at 2:50 PM ]

Everything in here is mostly opinions and views, since no one here actually have know what goes on in FO. But it's fine if you don't want to answer the question. I think I already know your answer anyways.

The point is that, owners appear to be more worried about players kneeling than than actual crimes committed by players that have a worse effect on NFL perception.
of course you know the answer..no one thinks kneeling is worse than DV lol

like i said earlier..

did those criminal players or what ever the issue the player has done, say they wont stop committing crimes or whatever they did?

like i said earlier..

did those criminal players or what ever the issue the player has done, say they wont stop committing crimes or whatever they did?

I'm surprised by your answer

I don't know if they were ever asked. Was Aldon ever asked? IDK, but he certainly kept playing, while continuing to be a menace to society. Yeah, yeah, talent trumps wrongdoing...thats were the problem lies with NFL perception; not a players kneeling to bring attention to social woes.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on May 3, 2018 at 3:11 PM ]

like i said earlier..

Some probably did, some probably didn't because they were not asked.
Share 49ersWebzone