• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Exactly this. "They should find a better way to protest" is another way of saying "I don't agree with what's being protested."
lol ridiculous

since there isn't any other way to protest, was MLK kneeling everywhere he went ?

The same people who complained about MLK's protests are the same people complaining about Kap/Reid's kneeling.

Wrong side of history.
ah i get what you are saying now.

but i prove that theory wrong, i don't think he should be protesting on game days, but i'm not against the cause

You are though. "I agree with the cause, but don't disrupt my life" is the same as being against it.

I've asked you several times what better way to protest? How else would they be able to reach that many millions of people all at once? Crickets!
How is it disrupting my life.. i haven't boycotted the NFL or threaten to, i go to every game lol

i also answered that question a long time ago and you digressed by asking me more questions. like you did in this convo

I asked you how did MLK protest..and was MLK kneeling to get the word out ?

If it's not disrupting your life then why are you against it?
Exactly this. "They should find a better way to protest" is another way of saying "I don't agree with what's being protested."
lol ridiculous

since there isn't any other way to protest, was MLK kneeling everywhere he went ?

The same people who complained about MLK's protests are the same people complaining about Kap/Reid's kneeling.

Wrong side of history.

but i prove that theory wrong, i don't think he should be protesting on game days, but i'm not against the cause

You are though. "I agree with the cause, but don't disrupt my life" is the same as being against it.

I've asked you several times what better way to protest? How else would they be able to reach that many millions of people all at once? Crickets!
How is it disrupting my life.. i haven't boycotted the NFL or threaten to, i go to every game lol

i also answered that question a long time ago and you digressed by asking me more questions. like you did in this convo

First i thought it was pretty cool, but now it's more about him then the cause.
Again... just in case some might need a visual.

Also for those who feel disrespected by the acts of players facing the flag and kneeling.

What do yall do at home when the National Anthem is playing? Do you stand?... do you tell your kids who might be running around, to come to the living room and stand with you. Do you tell your wife, who might be in another part of the house... to come to the living room and stand with you?

Or if you are with your friends.. do you all stand together in front of the TV?

And don't forget the orginal message. Kneeling to bring awareness/start conversations about Police Brutality. Which worked.
[ Edited by Afrikan on May 3, 2018 at 7:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Also for those who feel disrespected by the acts of players facing the flag and kneeling.

What do yall do at home when the National Anthem is playing? Do you stand?... do you tell your kids who might be running around, to come to the living room and stand with you. Do you tell your wife, who might be in another part of the house... to come to the living room and stand with you?

And don't forget the orginal message. Kneeling to bring awareness/start conversations about Police Brutality. Which worked.
i'm glad those workers and fans fighting the power lol
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
lol ridiculous

Wrong side of history.

Lol

Yeah...but in a disrespectful way!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
lol ridiculous

Wrong side of history.

Lol

Boom

Yeah...but in a disrespectful way!
whats disrepectable ? lol

Do you kneel and stand outside of church? nope, only when you are inside.

1sr every stadium event i have been too, sales are shut down during the anthem.

2nd a big difference between being in the stadium with a view of the flag then in the halls. all those people, where was the flag for them to face?

3rd, that video was at the entrance, for safety get a move on.

But when it comes to me, at levis. I am usually at my seat already. but if not istop and watch the ceremony with respect, if i am in a safe place to do so.
If i am on the steps, i continue to my seat.
If i am on one of the patios, i go to an open non walkway, and watch with respect.

At home, no i do not jump to attention, but i do watch with as much respect as i can.(not much, sitting in my undies, with cheesy fingers.) But they are rarely televised, so it will catch you off guard.

And to add, i have stated, i have no issue with the protest or kneeling, Specifically reid's. Kaep and lynch just sat down, that is disrespectful. The smith and carlos fist raise, was an act. The taking a knee, was an act. Sitting down, was meh whatever.

If i was a player, i would be one standing next to reid.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
In the NFL you work from a contract...one that only has to satisfy a few NFLPA agreed upon provisions and outside of those provisions the contract can say anything and cover everything and the incentive to sign for the player is typically the ridiculous amount of money they pay you to workout year round and play a game.

Reid like Kap has lost his way in understanding this. If he wants to kneel that's fine it's his right to protest the govt. but if he wants to tell a potential employer what he will and won't do under contract and gets upset when they disagree with him...well that's on him.

If this is still confusing...the NFL is not the Government...your right to protest is not protected from your employer.

Is there a league wide rule that a player has to stand for the National Anthem? No.

When signing their contract, was there/is there a team rule highlighted that they are required to stand for the National Anthem? No.

If they are NOT breaking any rules, why should NFL teams hold that against them?

No behind the scene deals.. no bribes with fake player organizations that don't represent all of the NFL players.

Just say Publicly where they stand on what their rules are. The NFL...and Team owners.

Again no "game operations manual" BS. I'm talking legit rules. The NFL Rule book.

Here's the thing...they don't have to. They are the employer and can differentiate offers to each and every employee on their franchise. Life isn't fair.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HomerJ:
As it has been said many times..

Racism disguised as Patriotism.

What are most of these same vocal fans doing when the National Anthem is being played, the ones in line getting food....in the Bathroom....what are the fans at home doing?

Are they standing? If they can't see it on TV do they play a Youtube of it? Or play a song..and then Stand before each football game?

While some of these vocal fans are being hypocrites...Kap and Eric Reid are kneeling (a sign of respect)...facing the toward the flag.

It's time to hold the guy in an employee uniform, on company time, cashing a nice paycheck, to a different standard than someone at home off the clock.
+1. We pay our money to see a football game not a political demonstration. Save that kind of stuff for their own time not mine.
Furlow & Afrikan I applaud your reasoned and extremely well thought out posts in the last few pages.

The hypocrisy of this entire situation is mind blowing. Most responses have ranged from weak, to just plain wrong.

There is no justification for condemning peaceful protest. People should be ashamed.
Originally posted by jcs:
+1. We pay our money to see a football game not a political demonstration. Save that kind of stuff for their own time not mine.

That is horsecrap, you still see a game, there are approximately 100 people on both sidelines, normally hundreds on the field, a flag, a band, two giant screens.

You can look where you want, you choose to look at players silently protesting.

When I go to games I stand up and sing and think about whatever I want to.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Furlow & Afrikan I applaud your reasoned and extremely well thought out posts in the last few pages.

The hypocrisy of this entire situation is mind blowing. Most responses have ranged from weak, to just plain wrong.

There is no justification for condemning peaceful protest. People should be ashamed.
Because screaming racism is reasoned and thought out.

And then saying, i do not want to watch this protest(for various reasons) is somehow racist.

And then being mad that the people stopped watching. enough so, the NFL and networks noticed. So they stopped promoting it and encouraged it to end.

The NFL is a private entity, a sort of board of directors set up, It is run by the owners. 31 teams are a private company(GB is kind of funky), who have to follow rules mandated by the NFL. Other than those, they can set up any rule they want that does not violate the law. And requiring an employee to stand for the anthem( minus being physically unable to) does not violate the law.

The yankees no goatee/beard rule does not violate the law.
Various minor league uniform rules are not against the law.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
That is horsecrap, you still see a game, there are approximately 100 people on both sidelines, normally hundreds on the field, a flag, a band, two giant screens.

You can look where you want, you choose to look at players silently protesting.

When I go to games I stand up and sing and think about whatever I want to.

Really, looking up at the big screen. boom there is kaep kneeling. Watching on TV, all kaep kneeling.

Watching highlights, 5 minute clip with 2 minutes of kneeling, for EVERY game. A 1 hour sportscenter showed 15 minutes of players taking a knee, EVERY WEEK.

If i wanted political talk, i would go to the young turks, bill maher, peterson, shapiro, crowder. NOT sportscenter, nfl network, Fox sports 1, cbs sports.

It is the opposite when i want sports coverage.
Share 49ersWebzone