LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 137 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Everyone was calling Hurd a project but by the looks of things, he might be starting sooner than later with Deebo.

Hurd has a high football IQ and has talent. Those type of players are not a project in the traditional sense. He will be playing.
It's going to be interesting to watch this place flip out when Hurd is one of the inactive players week one (though that will likely depend on Taylor's status.)
[ Edited by KittleSkittle on Aug 18, 2019 at 9:49 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
It's going to be interesting to watch this place flip out when Hurd is one of the inactive players week one (though that will likely depend on Taylor's status.)

I really want to see him in a sort of H-back role. He really has a unique skill set in that he can run like an RB and also catch passes. I'd love to see Kyle start with a 4 wide and shift to an offset I and just run it down the nickel defense. Tough to situation substitute as a defense if you really can't tell if any of the players going on the field is in base offense or a spread attack. We shall see if Hurd makes the active players list on gameday, but I suspect he will because he'll be a big headache for a DC in trying to figure out who to sub in and out, on a particular play.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Colin sounds like a loser

He got destroyed. As he should.

Then whined about it.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Everyone was calling Hurd a project but by the looks of things, he might be starting sooner than later with Deebo.

Hurd can't do what deebo and pettis do. they are all different wrs which makes this really cool to watch. throw in taylor as well.

he's not too bright
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

he's not too bright

Nope. Gets an autograph then blasts him on Twitter about his desire to be great by equating it to his love for cats. SMH.
Want Pettis to shine tonight
Can't judge the WRs when there's no QB to throw to them tonight.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Can't judge the WRs when there's no QB to throw to them tonight.

This

Nice run Samuel
Wow that was close to a fumble. Nice finish Wilson & offense
[ Edited by tohara3 on Aug 19, 2019 at 7:17 PM ]
Wrong thread
Originally posted by Curlin:
The main characteristic about our receivers is they are all unproven and young. Who ever steps up is going to play. Wouldn't be surprised if there a multiple guys with about the same amount of catches. Kittle is still #1.

Main characteristic is that they all run solid routes compared to most young WRs. It's easily the #1 thing Shanny looks for when scouting the position.
Share 49ersWebzone