LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Dak Prescott

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by elguapo:
Well we aren't ever going to have to worry about Dallas in the NFC. Just TB and GB....scratch that, just TB

These deals are going to be common once salary cap jumps with the new TV deals. Jerry just knows it's coming before most.
Trash
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Trash

Compared to who?
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Well we aren't ever going to have to worry about Dallas in the NFC. Just TB and GB....scratch that, just TB

These deals are going to be common once salary cap jumps with the new TV deals. Jerry just knows it's coming before most.

Right Pretty much what a lot of niners fans said about Jimmy g's contract. And they were right.

Show me where any team has won a Super Bowl while paying its quarterback more than 15 percent of the current year's cap.

Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson all won one, got paid, and haven't been able to do it again, and it's not because they lost talent. Brady has always taken less to have a team around him, and he's won Seven. This is empirical, folks. It's not rocket science.

For Dak's $41m/year to not exceed 15 percent, the cap needs to get to $273m. They're done for quite a while.

And That's without giving up picks and players for him. Watson, at similar pay? That's insane.

The way to win Super Bowls is to draft a quarterback, and make it work. You can't buy a trophy in the cap era.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Trash

Compared to who?

Russel Wilson, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Desaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Matthew Stafford, Jared Goff, Joe Burrow, Justin Hebert, For sure I would take all of these guys above Dak

Dak is a mid level QB who has an abysmal win record vs teams with a winning record. He benefits from the best OL in football and a running game.

Me, as a FAN who HATES the Cowgirls, bring on the biggest contract EVEr for DAK, screw up their salary cap situation
Originally posted by 9erred:
Trash

Compared to who?

Russel Wilson, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Desaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Matthew Stafford, Jared Goff, Joe Burrow, Justin Hebert, For sure I would take all of these guys above Dak

Dak is a mid level QB who has an abysmal win record vs teams with a winning record. He benefits from the best OL in football and a running game.

Me, as a FAN who HATES the Cowgirls, bring on the biggest contract EVEr for DAK, screw up their salary cap situation

You think so? I think Jarrett was not as great as he was propped up to be. DAK was on fire this season before he got injured.
Originally posted by Joecool:
You think so? I think Jarrett was not as great as he was propped up to be. DAK was on fire this season before he got injured.

They also had some key injuries to their O line. They lost 2 guys that have been Pro Bowl picks. I find it interesting that a lot of fans call other QBs trash but defend Jimmy when they are all in the middle 10 of the league.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Mar 9, 2021 at 8:10 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erred:
Trash

Compared to who?

Goff

And i disagree with the mid level part, but how is trash and mid level the same thing?
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Mar 9, 2021 at 8:37 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Joecool:

They also had some key injuries to their O line. They lost 2 guys that have been Pro Bowl picks. I find it interesting that a lot of fans call other QBs trash but defend Jimmy when they are all in the middle 10 of the league.

Yeah. Dak looked like he really had good control over the offense. Right now, that seems to be the few things Jimmy is lacking which is why he needs to get on the field to gain the mastery.

• thl408
Congrats to DAL on being a consistent 8/9 win team for the next four years. That could win them the division then a one and done in the playoffs.

The salary increase with TV deal shouldn't mean that QB pay skyrockets again. A smart GM/team would use this extra cash to distribute on multiple players to have a balanced team not top heavy like Cowboys have now. This is what's happening with hawks, Wilson wanted top pay and he got it. Now they can't afford to put players around him and he's complaining about it. These top QBs need to look at Brady, always took less to have more around him and what did that get him, 7 damn superbowls!

TV deals and cap goes up all the time. The only time the cowboys have been good under Jerry was when Jimmy was in charge. If he was so smart he'd always have the advantage knowing these deals are "coming before most" but instead the Cowboys have been crap the last 20 or so years. I don't expect that to change.
The salary cap was just dropped for the first time in like 7 years. Hope they enjoy not signing anyone else decent this year / having to let people go.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-2021-salary-cap-182-5-million
[ Edited by ozzcows on Mar 10, 2021 at 8:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone