LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 306 users in the forums

Dak Prescott

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Dak will probably not eve be ready to start the season. Dallas doesn't need Dak long term when they can get a promissing healthy low cost rookie and franchise tag Dak.

Sports radio is even thinking that dallas is tanking to get a QB. I see them as a threat to us from getting our new QB

Then they're starting from scratch again. Jerry Jones doesn't strike me as that much of an idiot. He's already got a proven, young QB who can make every throw and carry his offense in Dak. They'd be smart to extend him, trade down for picks and build up that D. Both franchises get what they want that way, but we're just spitballing here. No way to know what happens until draft day.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Dak will probably not eve be ready to start the season. Dallas doesn't need Dak long term when they can get a promissing healthy low cost rookie and franchise tag Dak.

Sports radio is even thinking that dallas is tanking to get a QB. I see them as a threat to us from getting our new QB

Then they're starting from scratch again. Jerry Jones doesn't strike me as that much of an idiot. He's already got a proven, young QB who can make every throw and carry his offense in Dak. They'd be smart to extend him, trade down for picks and build up that D. Both franchises get what they want that way, but we're just spitballing here. No way to know what happens until draft day.
Well this Dak extension talks have been going on and now is in the Franchise tag zone for maybe the second time. someone is screwing up. The starting from scratch part.. they haven't even done anything to really have anything hold onto. they are all underachieving.

They have a few options, some more expensive than others. keeping an injured Dak could set them back QB position and CAP wise.

But I hope they do skip drafting QB.. we would benefit from it tremendously

And a QB who can't win now as is and once he gets paid the talent around him will only get worse.

I see them doing a complete rebuild. Dak is a great QB but Mahomes is the only QB who deserves Mahomes money. The rest you're paying 35 mil a year so they can get to the wildcard game.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

And a QB who can't win now as is and once he gets paid the talent around him will only get worse.

I see them doing a complete rebuild. Dak is a great QB but Mahomes is the only QB who deserves Mahomes money. The rest you're paying 35 mil a year so they can get to the wildcard game.

Dak is done in Big D. They are drafting Zack Wilson since he will fall right in line with where they will be slotted to pick in the draft. Dallas salary cap situation is awful and they cannot afford to sign Dak long term.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
As long as Jerry Jones is in charge, he will make the questionable choice.
Any chance dallas moves on from him? The issues with negotiating his contract and Dalton playing better could change Jerry's mind. How would he fit Kyles system? I think it would be a good fit and allow to expand the play book.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by steiber:
Any chance dallas moves on from him? The issues with negotiating his contract and Dalton playing better could change Jerry's mind. How would he fit Kyles system? I think it would be a good fit and allow to expand the play book.

Nope. What choice do they have? They'll tag him again if they have to.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:

Trade him and a 2nd or 3rd rounder to the Jets for the #2 overall pick.

Jets have the cap space for Dak, get a proven guy who is still young and have a ton of resources to build around him.

Cowboys draft Fields or Wilson, still have the 10th overall pick as well and don't have to worry about having to pay a FQB for another 4-5 years. Risk in a rookie QB though.
Originally posted by evil:

Jets have the cap space for Dak, get a proven guy who is still young and have a ton of resources to build around him.

Cowboys draft Fields or Wilson, still have the 10th overall pick as well and don't have to worry about having to pay a FQB for another 4-5 years. Risk in a rookie QB though.

I like it because it's interesting. Risk in a rookie but having Lamb, Gallup, Coop, Pollard and Zeke would definitely smoothen the transition. The amount talent they have accumulated on that roster is why it's always laughable to see them fail. They drafted the majority of their team and yet, they fail. Passing on Dak would allow them to sign a secondary and run stuffer. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

That makes sense financially, but that's not how Jerry operates. He knows how much Dak means to the Cowboys. He gets too emotionally attached to his star players and will overpay if it means they get to keep them.

Probably the same thinking UND has in sticking with Kelly, much to your chagrin.

Originally posted by martysofresh:

I like it because it's interesting. Risk in a rookie but having Lamb, Gallup, Coop, Pollard and Zeke would definitely smoothen the transition. The amount talent they have accumulated on that roster is why it's always laughable to see them fail. They drafted the majority of their team and yet, they fail. Passing on Dak would allow them to sign a secondary and run stuffer. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Lamb isnt that good, Zeke has been run into the ground and is very average now, Pollard and Gallup are good but not great players. I dont think the offensive talent is as good as you think it is.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Lamb isnt that good, Zeke has been run into the ground and is very average now, Pollard and Gallup are good but not great players. I dont think the offensive talent is as good as you think it is.

With Dak being able to spread a defense, Pollard would fit perfectly. DAL financially committed to the wrong player on offense. Zeke is a front runner.
Say Dallas moves up for a QB shocking the world.

Would they take a 2nd rounder for Dak?

Then pay him a one year prove it vet deal?

Start the season with Jimmy, Dak, Josh next year.

Dak won't be ready for the start of the season, but Josh with an off-season to learn could hold the fort until Dak is ready. Assuming Jimmy is hurt again of course.

Yes I'm drunk and will wonder how this entered my head in the morning.
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
Say Dallas moves up for a QB shocking the world.

Would they take a 2nd rounder for Dak?

Then pay him a one year prove it vet deal?

Start the season with Jimmy, Dak, Josh next year.

Dak won't be ready for the start of the season, but Josh with an off-season to learn could hold the fort until Dak is ready. Assuming Jimmy is hurt again of course.

Yes I'm drunk and will wonder how this entered my head in the morning.

He's getting starter money regardless of where he goes. Are you impressed by a quarterback that's had the best o line and top 5 talent around him his entire career but has done nothing in the post seasons?

He's jimmy 2.0, kap 2.0, smith 2.0, dalton 2.0.

He's pedestrian and looks good when you surround him with talent. He's worse than flacco or foles who are also pedestrian but at least managed to win a superbowl when the team was loaded around them.

I'd rather give guys who are unknown or have never had talent a shot. Stafford, wentz, watson, even rosen.

Wasting all your talent for years on guys who you have seen their ceiling is crushing imo.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Jan 7, 2021 at 6:31 PM ]
I think the whole Cowboys talent rhetoric is overblown. I haven't found them to have more than above average talent at their skill positions in quite some time. But regardless, Dak puts up huge numbers. Dak hasnt been the issue, that defense and terrible coaching has.
Share 49ersWebzone