LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Rob Gronkowski

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He's too soft for the bay, he'll get hurt. Plus, he'll get his house robbed all the time
I'd rather the Niners trade for Gronk and save $11M/yr than OBJ and his ongoing drama.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I'd rather the Niners trade for Gronk and save $11M/yr than OBJ and his ongoing drama.

This+++.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Rumors have been going around that he might be traded in the ''coming weeks'' and if that's the case, Would you take a chance on him or pass?
It depends on what we would have to give up, and how committed he is to football at this point. Jimmy G might be the biggest factor in him playing for a while longer if he goes here, but I wouldn't trade for him personally
Don't want. He's not even sure if he wants to continue playing football. He will want a new contract. Can't give an injury prone guy who might retire a new contract that will be super expensive. Especially given his age.

I like him but he's a HUGE risk.
Um, yes. Depending on his dedication going forward. Gronk is a monster.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
It depends on what we would have to give up, and how committed he is to football at this point. Jimmy G might be the biggest factor in him playing for a while longer if he goes here, but I wouldn't trade for him personally

Well def not a 1st rd since all these previous trades were 2nd-4th rounders. If they take one of our 3rd rounders and maybe 4th then I'd be up for it.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Don't want. He's not even sure if he wants to continue playing football. He will want a new contract. Can't give an injury prone guy who might retire a new contract that will be super expensive. Especially given his age.

OMG a big name you don't want. Crazy
Originally posted by Youngone:

lol I don't care about big names. I care about good players that add to the future ability of this team to win.

lol I don't care about big names. I care about good players that add to the future ability of this team to win.

A huge 6'7 beast doesn't fit that bill?
Hell yes I'd take him as long as the compensation wasn't outrageous.
A huge 6'7 beast doesn't fit that bill?

I'd love to have him on this team. But the problem is he's injury prone, might retire, would want a new contract and is almost 30.

We would have to give up a lot of compensation for him, give him a new contract then hope he doesn't retire soon. Doesn't seem wise to bring on a guy who isn't sure he will keep playing football in tr next few months.
Trade #9 to the Patriots
Receive #31, our old second round pick, and Gronk.

Trade #31 and our original 3rd for OBJ

Spend the draft loading up on O-line and defense.

The NFL would go crazy over the super match twice (three times?) a year between THE defense in LA vs THE offense in SF. At least for 2 years before half of the Rams defense and Gronk fall apart. It would be a fun ride though.
.... and now back to reality.
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
Trade #9 to the Patriots
Receive #31, our old second round pick, and Gronk.

Trade #31 and our original 3rd for OBJ

Spend the draft loading up on O-line and defense.

The NFL would go crazy over the super match twice (three times?) a year between THE defense in LA vs THE offense in SF. At least for 2 years before half of the Rams defense and Gronk fall apart. It would be a fun ride though.
.... and now back to reality.

holy s**t we'd better be getting more than Gonk, 31, and our old 2nd to have NE move up 22 spots. IMO Gronk isn't worth more than a 4th at this stage in the game.
Share 49ersWebzone