There are 244 users in the forums

malcolm butler

Shop 49ers game tickets
How is there not a thread for him? What's everyone's thoughts on him being a possible signing?

Out of all the CBs in free agency he's been the most consistent. He's not the ideal size that this FO wants.

He had a "down" yr and might come cheaper and we have garçon trying to recruit him (think that says something when a WR wants a certain DB)

Not sure how I feel about it
Wow I can't believe there hasn't been a thread create for him. I am not crazy about him but unlike Trumaine Johnson and even Rashaan Melvin, I don't think he will be overpaid in FA and he's young and versatile enough to play in any scheme.
Kyle Fuller is my top guy at CB but I don't think we will spend the huge money to get him and he seems destined to go to KC. I don't think we will get into the bidding for Trumaine Johnson either. Rashaan Melvin was a CB I thought could be a FA steal but instead it looks like he will be overpaid. So again, I think Malcolm Butler is a guy who may not be overpaid and has really good value because he is young and versatile and experienced enough to play in any scheme. All things being equal, I think he is the 3rd best CB in free agency behind Johnson and Fuller. I think we will certainly take a look at him.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Kyle Fuller is my top guy at CB but I don't think we will spend the huge money to get him and he seems destined to go to KC. I don't think we will get into the bidding for Trumaine Johnson either. Rashaan Melvin was a CB I thought could be a FA steal but instead it looks like he will be overpaid. So again, I think Malcolm Butler is a guy who may not be overpaid and has really good value because he is young and versatile and experienced enough to play in any scheme. All things being equal, I think he is the 3rd best CB in free agency behind Johnson and Fuller. I think we will certainly take a look at him.

I think Johnson is the best fit, I have butler right behind him. Fuller I'm just assuming will be tagged
I really don't want Butler lol. I don't see why he's being pushed for so hard. He's way better in man press as opposed to cover 3. He's 28, got benched, didn't play well last season and is gonna want to get paid. We can do better.
Fuller for me
won't be shocked if Butler is the guy,especially if they lose out on Johnson and get ARob.

He can play in multiple schemes and can hold down the fort while a rookie get's groomed. Would be a massive upgrade to DJ.
I like Butler. He would be a fantastic #2. He has good size and great speed.
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Fuller for me

he got tagged
He's worth it just because of the replays of his pick off Wilson that will be shown every time we play them

I hope he's the pick
Like most I'd rather Fuller, Johnson then him in that order..he's a legit starter in this league who I would not complain about if he was signed..just think the 2 I mentioned I'd rather sign are better suited for the scheme the niners run..
Johnson and Butler can be signed
Whatever the reason Butler didn't play a single defensive snap in the SB. I like him but he'd probably be my 5th, maybe 6th preferred signing at corner when you consider talent, scheme fit, size and cost...

Fuller - imo best talent for the buck
Johnson - like the size, like the talent, don't like the price tag or the inconsistency
Colvin - scheme fit, IMO he can play on the outside as well
Melvin - like the size and could do well in here and shouldn't cost a ton
Breeland - another guy I think who can do well here and not cost a ton
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Johnson and Butler can be signed

Both can be Niners??
Share 49ersWebzone