There are 137 users in the forums

David Amerson CB released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Amerson released from Raiders. There was a time when I wanted this kid as he was a true ball hawk in college with good size. Hasn't done much of anything in the pros. Kick the tires? I say sure why not, he can replace Mabin or any of the other no name cbs we got.
Shanahan is also familiar with him as he was drafted by the Redskins when Daddy was still the coach.
I don't a see a reason why not to kick the tires. Looks like a pure cap casualty move and think Raiders are giving away they're strongly considering a CB at 9/10
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I don't a see a reason why not to kick the tires. Looks like a pure cap casualty move and think Raiders are giving away they're strongly considering a CB at 9/10

I agree Smoke. He hasn't had the greatest career thus far but is still young at 26 and is better than pretty much everything we have at CB right now.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I agree Smoke. He hasn't had the greatest career thus far but is still young at 26 and is better than pretty much everything we have at CB right now.

I'd love to sign a CB like Trumaine, Breeland, Fuller or Melvin and a player that's looking for a lil prove it deal or has had some issues like injuries and you get good value to roll the dice knowing you already got two other guys.

The draft seems to be low key good in CB depth so unfortunately I don't see two CBs being signed. Time will tell shortly Good to have options doe
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Feb 6, 2018 at 12:06 AM ]
The Raiders Defensive scheme was brutal on CB's, they are practically on island all game, Sean Smith went from being a top 10 CB to garbage!

We ask a lot less of ours, he is definitely worth a look
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
The Raiders Defensive scheme was brutal on CB's, they are practically on island all game, Sean Smith went from being a top 10 CB to garbage!

Maybe he doesn't wanna move and s**t so Paraag works his magic with low guaranteed money and incentives?
He's a good 4th corner
Maybe he doesn't wanna move and s**t so Paraag works his magic with low guaranteed money and incentives?

That would be very nice!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
He's a good 4th corner

Would you be mad if we signed him and take a CB in the 2nd?

Isn't he terrible as a zone corner?
lol this guy is always getting beat off the line. no thank you
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

to an extent you are correct, but Smith has been trending down since his last year in KC. He's too big. I don't know why he was never moved to FS, but he's not a corner & will be out of football very soon. HEad stomping fool
Originally posted by RumphSteak:
Isn't he terrible as a zone corner?

I haven't watched him much in the pros but in college he played zone.
Doesn't he have some foot injury?

I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of players getting cut this yr...SF need to sit back relax and let them come to them
Share 49ersWebzone