LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 415 users in the forums

David Amerson CB released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This dude is horrible

He doesn't deserve to be on the Jimmy G bandwagon.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Doesn't he have some foot injury?

I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of players getting cut this yr...SF need to sit back relax and let them come to them

"75-degrees and sunny and we have this guy (Jimmy G Spot)."
  • jcs
  • Veteran
He's been cut a lot for a 26 year old former 2nd round pick.
As much as I liked Witherspoon's development last year, Amerson would instantly be our best corner.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
As much as I liked Witherspoon's development last year, Amerson would instantly be our best corner.

Yep. But the way some is this thread talk is as if our CB room is loaded with talent
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Lol how is this even possible?

Better than spoon..
Originally posted by jcs:

Better than spoon..

I do think he's better then he played on Oakland, but no way I'd give him a big contract, I'd look at him as a player to fight to be a starter with a high pick or another signee like Colvin or Melvin, get them both for the price of Butler or Johnson..2 yrs 10 million deal is what I'd offer..

Um no.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I do think he's better then he played on Oakland, but no way I'd give him a big contract, I'd look at him as a player to fight to be a starter with a high pick or another signee like Colvin or Melvin, get them both for the price of Butler or Johnson..2 yrs 10 million deal is what I'd offer..

Completely agree with this, would rather throw a couple of lower priced options, than a huge contract on players that either don't fit the scheme (Butler), or there are questions over their level of motivation (Johnson).
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Completely agree with this, would rather throw a couple of lower priced options, than a huge contract on players that either don't fit the scheme (Butler), or there are questions over their level of motivation (Johnson).

Yeah I don't think he will get a big contract...dude was awful and hurt last yr. I do think he had two good yrs in 2015/2016 no?

A small one yr deal or something like 2 yr $10 million like Jersey stated would be good. Something we can get out of easy

What u smoking dude is Dontae Johnson 2.0 where in the f**k did u get this assessment from?

I'm sure Saleh would put him in position to succeed , but not as a starter , maybe for depth if he can cut it
  • thl408

Geez. If that's the passer rating when QBs target him then put him at WR.
Originally posted by jcs:

Better than spoon..

I do think he's better then he played on Oakland,
but no way I'd give him a big contract, I'd look at him as a player to fight to be a starter with a high pick or another signee like Colvin or Melvin, get them both for the price of Butler or Johnson..2 yrs 10 million deal is what I'd offer..

He was worse with the Redskins that's why they cut him. He's played his best ball in Oakland and its been underwhelming
[ Edited by lamontb on Feb 13, 2018 at 6:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone