There are 187 users in the forums

2 part Hypothetical re: Browns/49ers Jimmy G swap:

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hypothetical:

Part 1. Would if we franchised Jimmy G, if you were the Browns would you offer JG a contract of 5 years and upwards of $170 and give up three 1st round picks (starting with the two in this years draft?)

Part 2. If this "actually happened", how would you feel as a 49ers fan?
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Hypothetical:

Part 1. Would if we franchised Jimmy G, if you were the Browns would you offer JG a contract of 5 years and upwards of $170 and give up three 1st round picks (starting with the two in this years draft?)

Part 2. If this "actually happened", how would you feel as a 49ers fan?

No amount of 1st round picks are worth what is looking like (health aside) a 10+ years of playoff runs.
im tired of thee trade jimmy g talks. we finally have a legit qb and you guys wanna trade him away?
I think there's an interesting discussion here about the value of having jimmy g v. Having Kirk cousins and 2 top 5 picks.
god i just love the offseason
  • thl408
Hell no, lopsided trade. CLE needs to add a 6th rounder.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
I think there's an interesting discussion here about the value of having jimmy g v. Having Kirk cousins and 2 top 5 picks.

There's no value we have with Cousins yet. He will go to the highest bidder and we could lose JG and Cousins with a bunch of stupid draft picks.

Think about it this way, would you trade Montana for 10 #1 picks and John Elway? I sure as hell wouldn't.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Dillesq:

There's no value we have with Cousins yet. He will go to the highest bidder and we could lose JG and Cousins with a bunch of stupid draft picks.

Think about it this way, would you trade Montana for 10 #1 picks and John Elway? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Hey i never said we should do it, i said there's an "interesting" discussion that can be had.

I can see both sides.
Originally posted by Joecool:

lol? Elway was great, he had a s**t team most of his career. i doubt we wouldn't win at least 3 with Elway, and add all the other talent that we could've gotten with those 1st round picks, probably would've been SB champs every year. and don't compare Cousins to Elway, or JG to Montana lol.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Feb 1, 2018 at 1:05 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
im tired of thee trade jimmy g talks. we finally have a legit qb and you guys wanna trade him away?

?

• Antix
  • Veteran
All I know is that every new dumb Jimmy G idea definitely needs a new thread.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

?

i dont think he stuttered

➕ 1!!!
nope! we found our guy and he is priceless to the organization
Originally posted by defenderDX:
god i just love the offseason

lol i know. Did you see the Grant Cohn article of trading JimmyG and signing Cousins? I cant believe he is a beat writer.
Share 49ersWebzone