LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

If Philly offered Wentz for Jimmy straight up, who would you want?

Shop 49ers game tickets

If Philly offered Wentz for Jimmy straight up, who would you want?

Originally posted by WildBill:
Stop-Wentz is on a good team surrounded by talent-he will grow for sure, but I doubt Wentz would have done what he did with the niners like Jimmy did.

Jimmys release is ridiculous-Wentz doesn't even compare.

This.

PHI without Wentz = Top 5 Offence and Trip to Super Bowl.
SF without Jimmy G = 1-10

PHI with Wentz = Top 5 Offense
SF with Jimmy G = Top offense in just about every f**king category.

Jimmy G by far the more impactful QB.
  • titan
  • Veteran
No. It would be a set back for us. Wentz has the WR he needs in Philly. His production would drastically drop with us because of offensive style. On the other hand Jimmy would not skip a beat going to Philly.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Taking into consideration his age and demonstrated skill, there isn't a single QB I would trade him for right now. I look at any player that is about the same age and has demonstrated a high level of play as a push, therefore there's no reason to make such a trade. Jimmy G with Kyle is about the best you could hope for from an offensive point of view, IMO.

After Jimmy G came onto Kyle's offense, everybody was wide open.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
  • If you asked every gm to pick any qb for their franchise, I bet most would pick Wentz. Followed by jimmy …

Personally, I think it would be closer to 50/50% … due to the schemes teams employ

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
  • Scrambling ability could be different going forward

He's still young, and it's his 1st big NFL injury … that said, sometimes that's all it takes. Going forward,
he might consider tempering his style just a little, while still trying to be effective.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
  • Taking into consideration his age and demonstrated skill, there isn't a single QB I would trade him for right now …
  • Jimmy G with Kyle is about the best you could hope for from an offensive point of view, IMO.

This … especially the 2nd Bullet Point !
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Feb 1, 2018 at 6:34 AM ]
Garoppolo. I have no idea why the webzone is fixated on getting rid of or losing him. We have been waiting for a quarterback of his calibre for over 20 years .
Originally posted by English:
Garoppolo. I have no idea why the webzone is fixated on getting rid of or losing him. We have been waiting for a quarterback of his calibre for over 20 years .

Thank You …

+1

Originally posted by Joecool:
This.

+1
  • Antix
  • Veteran

Buncha Peter Griffins on this board.

I'm not fixated on getting rid of Jimmy or losing him. I think we can collect Lombardi trophies with him if we get even just a good defense.

I was merely gauging the thoughts of others on how good he is and valuable when compared to a guy like Wentz.

I would never make this trade. Jimmy has "it", and while a Wentz might also have it, I like Jimmy's style better as it is more artistic and pleasing to the eye. Not to mention the accuracy and release and decision making is perfect for the WCO.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

+1

This.

+1

Originally posted by WildBill:
Stop-Wentz is on a good team surrounded by talent-he will grow for sure, but I doubt Wentz would have done what he did with the niners like Jimmy did.

Jimmys release is ridiculous-Wentz doesn't even compare.

This.

Great observation. I agree completely. Philly's super bowl run here with Foles takes away from Wentz here a little.

LOL
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Some of you guys have too much time on your hands.
If Philly called to trade Wenz for a different qb you probably should be asking why and quickly say no.

I'm fine with Jimmy. It's too early to say either is the best but I'm fine with Jimmy over any other qb.
I think this is a great question because I see Wentz and Jimmy G as the new Rodgers and Brady. If you would have asked me at any time before Jimmy G got here who I would have wanted it would have been Wentz and I believe it is still close. I was really high on Wentz in the draft process because of his accuracy on the run and his elite mobility second to only Wilson in my opinion.

If you asked me why I would choose Jimmy now is because his mental edge and accuracy that was not evident to me when he came out in the draft. I remember his very quick release but had no idea he was going to be able to digest that much of KS playbook in only a few weeks. I would take a player like Jimmy who makes the right play more often and knows how to manipulate a defense with his eyes than a player who can make unbelievable plays like Wentz and Watson. But to everyone who says it's "easy" that you would take Jimmy over Wentz, it is definitely not. Wentz is going to be special in this league and be a problem for us in the NFC for years.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Some of you guys have too much time on your hands.

Lol never gets old
Share 49ersWebzone