Originally posted by JTB1974:
It's going to piss me off so much if the Chiefs steal TW from us, all because the league allows GM's to turn contracts into signing bonuses. Such a flawed system and it's a disadvantage to some teams. I thought the point of a salary cap is to create an even playing field when it comes to spending. On the books it will show the Chiefs with the same cap has everyone else but really their payers contracts will be like $100 Million more than most teams. How is that fair?
Yes I know, they will pay for that down the road. But doesn't make a difference if the cap keeps going up.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I agree restructured and void years need to be outlawed. The rams and others over the cap should be forced to release players.
But all these dead cap clauses need to go always too. Once you get your guaranteed money, the club should be able to cut you with 0 dead money. And if a player is traded the whole contract should be the responsibility of the new club. Why do they get to double dip? That's stealing from other players; the team could've used that money to pay other players.
Make contracts simple and strict.
I agree cap manipulation is getting way way out of hand they should allow it but not to the point where you can do what some of these teams are doing