LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sacniner:
Settled what?

Mahomes is going to go in the HoF and is better than any QB in the NFL. That team is ridiculous. Of course he makes them better. He'd make any team better, including the 49ers by a lot.

Smith's team, which is a bad team, was in first place when he got hurt. Now they suck badly. I was dropping a fact. Sorry this triggers you

And if Alex was great . . . What could he have done in KC? It is saying something when a qb increases an o by 1000 last year probably 2000 yards this year. We'll see over time if it's a Super Bowl difference opposed to getting bounced in the divisionals every year. And in Wsh's case actually looking it up Keenum is not even playing that bad. Go figure. I just assumed he was a part of their problems. Yes, Alex helped them though. He made them into a possible wildcard team. Congrats I guess.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 24, 2019 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Washington desperately missing Smith. Went from first place in the NFC East, to a bottom feeder team after Smith's injury.

Meanwhile KC is 3-0 and may have the goat offense. Congrats you settled it he's worse than Mahomes but better than Case Keenum.

Settled what?

Mahomes is going to go in the HoF and is better than any QB in the NFL. That team is ridiculous. Of course he makes them better. He'd make any team better, including the 49ers by a lot.

Smith's team, which is a bad team, was in first place when he got hurt. Now they suck badly. I was dropping a fact. Sorry this triggers you

not Smith's team anymore bud

truth hurts.
Settled what?

And if Alex was great . . . What could he have done in KC? It is saying something when a qb increases an o by 1000 last year probably 2000 yards this year. We'll see over time if it's a Super Bowl difference opposed to getting bounced in the divisionals every year. And in Wsh's case actually looking it up Keenum is not even playing that bad. Go figure. I just assumed he was a part of their problems. Yes, Alex helped them though. He made them into a possible wildcard team. Congrats I guess.

Lol
You can't make this ish up.
good to see that Alex still brings out the toxicness inside of most posters here.
Settled what?

Lol

I havent watched Redskins games, but statistically, he isnt wrong.

3 games
69% completion percentage (9th in the NFL)
993 yards (4th in the NFL)
7.5 YPA
7 TDs (T-4th in the NFL)
3 INTs
100 passer rating (9th in the NFL)
52.3 QBR

Sorry, but "Keenum isnt even playing that bad" is absolutely not a laughable statement. I dont think Keenum is a good quarterback by any means, but he definitely is not playing that bad. Aside from the interceptions, there isnt a single statistical category listed above that Keenum is performing worse than Alex did last year.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

3 games
7.5 YPA
7 TDs (T-4th in the NFL)
3 INTs
52.3 QBR

Sorry, but "Keenum isnt even playing that bad" is absolutely not a laughable statement. I dont think Keenum is a good quarterback by any means, but he definitely is not playing that bad. Aside from the interceptions, there isnt a single statistical category listed above that Keenum is performing worse than Alex did last year.

Garbage time stats, man. Do any shred of research on him, and the Skins offense, and it's obvious. We also so him last night put up all his numbers when the game was over. Your post is inaccurate, in an extremely desperate attempt to still bash smith lmao

You even discredited your post with the first sentence. You didn't even watch the game last night. You don't have to comment on every "Smith related" post to prove some lingering point of yours. You did it with Mahomes, and that was hilarious. I knew he was a HoFer first time I saw him play. I have been praising Mahomes since day one, and I can do that w/out having #11 on the back of my mind. You also propped up Kirk Cousins to bash smith and Cousins was horrendous last year and had an embarrassingly bad game against GB this year where he lost it for his team

You're getting very desperate, man. You're going to have to give up the "I hate on Alex Smith even though he hasn't played in a year" thing. You're too good for that. Other haters aren't, you're better, Steve. Rise up
  • dj43
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

3 games
7.5 YPA
7 TDs (T-4th in the NFL)
3 INTs
52.3 QBR

LOL That is the one thing that makes Smith stand head and shoulders above Keenum.

In the Bears game last night, Keenum was awful. 5 turnovers - 3 INTs, two fumbles.
Originally posted by dj43:
LOL That is the one thing that makes Smith stand head and shoulders above Keenum.

In the Bears game last night, Keenum was awful. 5 turnovers - 3 INTs, two fumbles.

Not once did I say that Case Keenum was a better QB than Alex Smith. My entire post was from a statistical point of view to say the idea that "Case Keenum hasnt had that bad of a season" is not laughable. I never said he was better than Alex. I never said he was having a good season. Just that labeling him "not bad" isnt laughable.

He was horrible last night. He wasnt horrible the two games prior. He played great against the Eagles and was ok against Dallas.

I stand by my comments that tj's description of Case Keenum's season as "not bad" is accurate.
Sac the funny thing about that novel of a response....my post wasnt even Smith related. It was Keenum related. All this talk about me going to extreme lengths to bash Smith was really just me making one point that it isnt laughable to say Keenums season was "not bad." One sentence comparing his season to Alex for context and I am getting desperate? Hardly. The post was about Keenum.

One great game. One ok game. One s**t game. Seems fair to say that'a "not bad."

And you can say I go to bat for other QBs to discredit Alex all you want. I still say Kirk Cousins and Pat Mahomes are both beter QBs than Alex. Case Keenum, not so much.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 24, 2019 at 10:46 PM ]

• Chief
  • Veteran
Lol, there's three kind of people in this thread.

1. Would stab Alex Smith to death on site.
2. Would suck Alex Smith off on site.
3. Logical.

Which are you?
So far he's had 2 turnover free 100 rating games. So yeah he's not playing that bad. Sorry if I didn't hate on him for no reason. It's Case Keenum we all know over the course of the year those Chicago games will become more plentiful.
Originally posted by Chief:

3. Logical.

Which are you?

All three.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Sep 25, 2019 at 5:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Chief:

3. Logical.

Which are you?

2 and 3
Originally posted by 1251alex:
good to see that Alex still brings out the toxicness inside of most posters here.

i mean sac instigates all of it, so..
Share 49ersWebzone