LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
If only the skins would fire Gruden early and promote Tomsula!!!!!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Chief:
Lol, there's three kind of people in this thread.

1. Would stab Alex Smith to death on site.
2. Would suck Alex Smith off on site.
3. Logical.

Which are you?

2 and 3

This.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Sac the funny thing about that novel of a response....my post wasnt even Smith related. It was Keenum related. All this talk about me going to extreme lengths to bash Smith was really just me making one point that it isnt laughable to say Keenums season was "not bad." One sentence comparing his season to Alex for context and I am getting desperate? Hardly. The post was about Keenum.

One great game. One ok game. One s**t game. Seems fair to say that'a "not bad."

And you can say I go to bat for other QBs to discredit Alex all you want. I still say Kirk Cousins and Pat Mahomes are both beter QBs than Alex. Case Keenum, not so much.

Your post wasn't Smith related? It's in the Smith thread, and I'm quoting you here: "there isn't a single statistical category listed above that Keenum is performing worse than Alex did last year."
Haskins will be the starter by the time we play the Skins
Steve, I think you're a good poster and you I and agree in Ninertalk almost all the time. With Smith, your post are irrational. When I have time later today, we'll take a deeper dive into why. You're too good of a poster to become extremely irrational when it comes to him... Let's figure this out.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
i mean sac instigates all of it, so..

How about we stay on topic?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

How about we stay on topic?

why don't you give sac the same advice. read his last post about working things out with Steve and his irrational posting style in the Alex Smith thread, lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Haskins will be the starter by the time we play the Skins

Suprised Haskins is not starting this coming week. Jay Gruden will be canned regardless.
On KNBR Joe Thiessman said Alex came within an hour of getting his leg amputated. Crazy.
Originally posted by Niners99:
On KNBR Joe Thiessman said Alex came within an hour of getting his leg amputated. Crazy.

I heard that... crazy as hell. And dude talks like he still wants to play. Freaking beast

Originally posted by sacniner:
Your post wasn't Smith related? It's in the Smith thread, and I'm quoting you here: "there isn't a single statistical category listed above that Keenum is performing worse than Alex did last year."

The topic was about Keenum. That is who I was discussing. In reteospect, I wish I completely left out that one factually accurate sentence comparing Keenum to Smith. Didnt mean to set you off, sir.
Steve, I think you're a good poster and you I and agree in Ninertalk almost all the time. With Smith, your post are irrational. When I have time later today, we'll take a deeper dive into why. You're too good of a poster to become extremely irrational when it comes to him... Let's figure this out.

If you really feel the need to have a deep dive as to why you feel I am irrational in this thread but no other thread, PM me.

I have no problem discussing it in here, but I am sure no one else wants to read it.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
LOL That is the one thing that makes Smith stand head and shoulders above Keenum.

In the Bears game last night, Keenum was awful. 5 turnovers - 3 INTs, two fumbles.

Not once did I say that Case Keenum was a better QB than Alex Smith. My entire post was from a statistical point of view to say the idea that "Case Keenum hasnt had that bad of a season" is not laughable. I never said he was better than Alex. I never said he was having a good season. Just that labeling him "not bad" isnt laughable.

He was horrible last night. He wasnt horrible the two games prior. He played great against the Eagles and was ok against Dallas.

I stand by my comments that tj's description of Case Keenum's season as "not bad" is accurate.

You generally stay on the more reasonable side of things, however, it is also true that you do not overlook an opportunity to cast Smith in a lesser ligtht. This sidetrack onto Keenum is just the latest example.

As to Keenum's season, his TD/turnover numbers are bad. This year he has 7 TDs and 5 turnovers. That is the same as his career numbers of 71/45. In the Bears game, though the Redskins were clearly the inferior team, it was his turnovers that prevented them from having any chance at all.
  • dj43

If you really feel the need to have a deep dive as to why you feel I am irrational in this thread but no other thread, PM me.

I have no problem discussing it in here, but I am sure no one else wants to read it.

If you two feel you must, that is the place to do it, not here. We've been through all that stuff too many times already.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 1251alex:
good to see that Alex still brings out the toxicness inside of most posters here.

If that is the case, the Report Button is the appropriate place to deal with it, not in the thread in a way that can only inflame the situation.

This goes for everyone.
Share 49ersWebzone