LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 85 users in the forums

Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by sacniner:
Damn, starting qb of a team that lacks talent... but 4-2 and in first place. Holy s**t.

5th ranked defense helps.

Issue resolved
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Oct 22, 2018 at 9:36 PM ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Do you guys remember the Utah versus Boise state game circa 2004? Dude missed a wide open slant route in the third quarter with 5:34 on the clock. Man that sucked. I still reminisce on that missed play.
This made me laugh out loud.

i would have spit out my coffee had i been drinking coffee
Originally posted by Stud:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Sometimes I wonder which planet I'm on. I go to Niner Talk and everyone is complaining about the lack of quality WRs we have and how that limits the offense. I come in here and people are saying the QB just "needed to throw those bums open" that started that NYG playoff game. smh

We saw what Smith could do last season with the level of talent KC had and somehow he is expected to replicate those numbers with what Washington has? Seriously.

Nope, i don't think anybody said he was gonna do that. What i did see though, including from you and others, talking about how much better the racial slurs will be with Smith instead of Cousins, and that Cousins was not as good as Smith. Which now is starting to sound pretty silly.
What?

Replace racial slurs with "Redskins"

OK. Got it. My PC detector was not turned on.

Liberal sense of humor is really not funny and it takes being a nerd to understand it. That's why only a select few get it. Ironically most Native Americans don't find the term "Redskins" offensive or just don't care. That's why it's so funny seeing white liberals getting so offended by it. I have too much going on in life to be like TheGore49er and pretend I'm offended over something that has nothing to do with me. All power to him if he wants to pat himself on the back.

elizabeth warren calls the the washington me
  • dj43
Liberal sense of humor is really not funny and it takes being a nerd to understand it. That's why only a select few get it. Ironically most Native Americans don't find the term "Redskins" offensive or just don't care. That's why it's so funny seeing white liberals getting so offended by it. I have too much going on in life to be like TheGore49er and pretend I'm offended over something that has nothing to do with me. All power to him if he wants to pat himself on the back.

Now go sit in the corner and if you are lucky, you may get to come out...maybe. No promises.
Damn, starting qb of a team that lacks talent... but 4-2 and in first place. Holy s**t.

5th ranked defense helps.

This - and a utterly dominant Adrian Peterson. When he gets to put his mark on a game, Redskins are 4-0. When he doesn't, things get ugly real quick.
Originally posted by TWD_Fan:
This - and a utterly dominant Adrian Peterson. When he gets to put his mark on a game, Redskins are 4-0. When he doesn't, things get ugly real quick.

They'd likely have the worst offense in the NFL if it wasn't for AP. Skins are very lucky he fell into their lap.

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Debryune:
Watched the game start to finish. Alex looked like he looked against the Giants in that playoff game. His WR didn't get open, he didn't try to throw them open. He sprinted out of the pocket and tried to scramble on almost every play it felt like. It was pretty bad to watch IMO, and I've been an Alexcuser.

The Giant play-off game where we had 2 practice squad guys starting that weren't in the NFL the following year? A really banged up Delanie walker who was more of a decoy and VD and Crabs as our only 2 real viable options in the passing game. Still we need muffed punts and fumbles to lose that game...Not to mention a very favorable no fumble call for the Giants.

That's Alecuses at its finest.

dsoesnt matter. alex and the rest of the offense weren't getting it done on 3rd down. was a terrible game offensively
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Sometimes I wonder which planet I'm on. I go to Niner Talk and everyone is complaining about the lack of quality WRs we have and how that limits the offense. I come in here and people are saying the QB just "needed to throw those bums open" that started that NYG playoff game. smh

Smith had open WRs that game. So it wasnt as much that Smith needed to throw WRs open as much as he needed to actually hit the open targets. Delanie Walker to start the 2nd half and Kyle Williams (I believe in the 2nd quarter), would have been touchdowns with a good throw or huge plays with an inaccurate but catchable throw.

We still researching a game from 7 years ago? Cool, continue the research

Now go sit in the corner and if you are lucky, you may get to come out...maybe. No promises.

damn did you warn him and put him in timeout for that post?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Debryune:
Watched the game start to finish. Alex looked like he looked against the Giants in that playoff game. His WR didn't get open, he didn't try to throw them open. He sprinted out of the pocket and tried to scramble on almost every play it felt like. It was pretty bad to watch IMO, and I've been an Alexcuser.

The Giant play-off game where we had 2 practice squad guys starting that weren't in the NFL the following year? A really banged up Delanie walker who was more of a decoy and VD and Crabs as our only 2 real viable options in the passing game. Still we need muffed punts and fumbles to lose that game...Not to mention a very favorable no fumble call for the Giants.

That's Alecuses at its finest.

dsoesnt matter. alex and the rest of the offense weren't getting it done on 3rd down. was a terrible game offensively

It was a jaw injury for Walker too. I could buy the decoy thing if it was a leg injury and Walker couldn't move at 100% yet, but that wasn't the case.

If you are cleared to go out and block (which he did well that game) after a broken jaw, you are good to run and catch passes. Alex had Crab Delanie and VD (just like our 2012 playoff offense) and s*** the bed.

There are articles written from East Coast writers who are asking if Alex is holding the team back already, or something of that nature. So its not just people in this thread. 4-2 and people are asking if Alex is the guy for this team and if the team needs to start worrying about him.
So you're telling me that people have different opinions and/or that writers write things to stir the pot (See, e.g., our own Tim K and the Cohn Boys)?
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Oct 23, 2018 at 9:08 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by defenderDX:

damn did you warn him and put him in timeout for that post?

Recurrent issues in multiple areas.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

There are articles written from East Coast writers who are asking if Alex is holding the team back already, or something of that nature. So its not just people in this thread. 4-2 and people are asking if Alex is the guy for this team and if the team needs to start worrying about him.
So you're telling me that people have different opinions and/or that writers write things to stir the pot (See, e.g., our own Tim K and the Cohn Boys)?

Do you really think that the Cohn Boys or Tim K dont 100% believe what comes out of their mouths?
Share 49ersWebzone