LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 176 users in the forums

Alex Smith and the Washington Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by Debryune:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
perfect tackle/sack. cant believe that is actually a penalty.

Gotta agree, he mostly hugged him. Back when I started watching football qbs used to get murdered and people loved it

Gotta protect the Rain Man.
Originally posted by dj43:

Gotta agree, he mostly hugged him. Back when I started watching football qbs used to get murdered and people loved it

Yeah, but that was a bad call.

I'm taking Washington over Dallas.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

yep. terrible call.

Not sure if I am taking them over Dallas, but I am damn sure rooting for them over Dallas. Hope Alex lights those b*****ds up!
In a few years the game will be flag football. And you'll get called for guarding when you straight arm someone.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 17, 2018 at 1:57 PM ]

Me too.
That's an Alex win minus the 1 bonehead play.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Not sure if I am taking them over Dallas, but I am damn sure rooting for them over Dallas. Hope Alex lights those b*****ds up!

Lol. Smith doesn't light anyone up. But his team won.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Oct 21, 2018 at 8:57 PM ]

Lol. Smith doesn't like anyone up. But his team won.

3 of his top 4 targets we're out this game. It looked ugly, but they won.
I do have to say, the mental error wasn't like Alex. I guess even geniuses have boneheaded moments.

Watched the game start to finish. Alex looked like he looked against the Giants in that playoff game. His WR didn't get open, he didn't try to throw them open. He sprinted out of the pocket and tried to scramble on almost every play it felt like. It was pretty bad to watch IMO, and I've been an Alexcuser.
Watched the game start to finish. Alex looked like he looked against the Giants in that playoff game. His WR didn't get open, he didn't try to throw them open. He sprinted out of the pocket and tried to scramble on almost every play it felt like. It was pretty bad to watch IMO, and I've been an Alexcuser.

The Giant play-off game where we had 2 practice squad guys starting that weren't in the NFL the following year? A really banged up Delanie walker who was more of a decoy and VD and Crabs as our only 2 real viable options in the passing game. Still we need muffed punts and fumbles to lose that game...Not to mention a very favorable no fumble call for the Giants.

That's Alecuses at its finest.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 22, 2018 at 12:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:

The Giant play-off game where we had 2 practice squad guys starting that weren't in the NFL the following year? A really banged up Delanie walker who was more of a decoy and VD and Crabs as our only 2 real viable options in the passing game. Still we need muffed punts and fumbles to lose that game.

Delanie Walker could have had a game changing catch/touchdown, if Alex didnt inexplicably decide not to throw to him while he was wide open streaking down the field. He was only a decoy because he wasnt thrown to.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

The Giant play-off game where we had 2 practice squad guys starting that weren't in the NFL the following year? A really banged up Delanie walker who was more of a decoy and VD and Crabs as our only 2 real viable options in the passing game. Still we need muffed punts and fumbles to lose that game.

Delanie Walker could have had a game changing catch/touchdown, if Alex didnt inexplicably decide not to throw to him while he was wide open streaking down the field. He was only a decoy because he wasnt thrown to.

I'm not privy to the conversations that were held prior to that game, but the guy was out there with a wired jaw and on a liquid diet. There was a lot of talk about him just being a decoy. So I discount him entirely...but you're right, there was a missed pass to him.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 22, 2018 at 12:44 PM ]
  • dj43
Sometimes I wonder which planet I'm on. I go to Niner Talk and everyone is complaining about the lack of quality WRs we have and how that limits the offense. I come in here and people are saying the QB just "needed to throw those bums open" that started that NYG playoff game. smh

We saw what Smith could do last season with the level of talent KC had and somehow he is expected to replicate those numbers with what Washington has? Seriously.
Share 49ersWebzone