LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

The Saints' 2017 draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Niners 2017 draft > Saints 2017 draft

Nonsense.

To be fair, in retrospect I LOVE the 9ers 2017 draft, particularly given where they are in their development, but as it stands at this point IMO they landed a blue chipper (Foster) and five guys with the potential to grow into or be average to above average starters (Thomas, Witherspoon, Taylor, Kittle, and Colbert).

As it stand at this point the Saints landed four blue chippers in the same draft.

The 9ers hit a home run and the Saints hit a grand slam.

Theres no possible way to know that already. Come back in 3 years. If Foster, Thomas, Witherspoon, Kittle, Taylor, and Colbert end up making Pro Bowls, they could easily top the Saints draft.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Nonsense.

To be fair, in retrospect I LOVE the 9ers 2017 draft, particularly given where they are in their development, but as it stands at this point IMO they landed a blue chipper (Foster) and five guys with the potential to grow into or be average to above average starters (Thomas, Witherspoon, Taylor, Kittle, and Colbert).

As it stand at this point the Saints landed four blue chippers in the same draft.

Theres no possible way to know that already.

Of course there isn't, which is why in the post you quoted I underlined "as it stands at this point."

We know more than we knew before this season, and we know less than we'll know after next season.

Now that we have a full season of data back in, it looks like the Saints had an absolute monster of a draft.

Nonsense.

Of course there isn't, which is why in the post you quoted I underlined "as it stands at this point."

We know more than we knew before this season, and we know less than we'll know after next season.

Now that we have a full season of data back in, it looks like the Saints had an absolute monster of a draft.

Its completely pointless to grade a draft though, even after year 1. So why bother? You cant call the 49ers draft a HR, and the Saints draft a grand slam, because we won't know if either ball even cleared the fence until later.

Nonsense.

Its completely pointless to grade a draft though, even after year 1. So why bother? You cant call the 49ers draft a HR, and the Saints draft a grand slam, because we won't know if either ball even cleared the fence until later.

If we disallow for speculation and tentative analyses as based on data that has yet to be complete the entire webzone would be empty.

If an underlined "as it stands at this point" isn't good enough for your exacting standards, I don't know what to tell 'ya.

One can hope that nobody decides to follow you around and mark up your observations as invalid and pointless as based in imperfect or incomplete data.

Edit: typo.
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Jan 6, 2018 at 9:48 AM ]
If we disallow for speculation and tentative analyses as based on data that has yet to be complete the entire webzone would be empty.

If an underlined "as it stands at this point" isn't good enough for your exacting standards, I don't know what to tell 'ya.

One can hope that nobody decides to follow you around and mark up your observations as invalid and pointless as based in imperfect or incomplete data.

lol so its all or nothing? There is an option to just say "The Saints draft looks really good so far. We'll see if that holds up."

lol so its all or nothing? There is an option to just say "The Saints draft looks really good so far. We'll see if that holds up."

Oh, so you mean including a caveat in there about how the full book hasn't written yet?

Maybe something like "as it stands at this point" to make it clear things can change? And then maybe even like underline that to make it REALLY clear that a definitive statement wasn't being made?

Seriously bro bro, please tell me the substantive difference between "The Saints draft looks really good so far. We'll see if that holds up" and an underlined "As it stands at this point."

C'mon dude, this ain't even working as nitpicking.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran

That's literally what he said. Do you know what "at this point" means?
Traded for our draft pick to get Kamara. We could have had him...

Nonsense.

We havent even seen joe williams and pita in the reg season yet
f**k the Aints!

Originally posted by DaBum:

That's literally what he said. Do you know what "at this point" means?

Im referencing his comment about their draft being a grand slam. Thats a very premature, and definitive sounding conclusion to make IMO.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 7, 2018 at 12:18 AM ]
Originally posted by JBrack:

We gotta see what type of player we get with their 2nd.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by JBrack:

We gotta see what type of player we get with their 2nd.

Yes sir, we certainly do
Share 49ersWebzone