LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Dez Bryant

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Name the last elite wide out to help win the Super Bowl.. (excluding Jerry rice lol)

Dez is far from Elite. Have you watched him play the last 2 years. He cannot get open and when he does he drops way too many easy catches. Plus, he yells and screams when he dosen't get the ball. I think it's pretty safe to say that he won't be a 49er in 2018.
Won't happen. Dez Bryant is a cancer and not even a top 30 WR at this point.
I'd give him a shot. The pros out weigh the cons
I would definitely sign him to a fair deal for both sides, considering his age and slight decline, which isn't much. He's only 29 for crying out load. I could understand the hesitance if he was a running back, but as a wide-out, he still has some great years ahead of him. Dallas has been a slowly sinking ship that occasionally finds some wind for it's sails, because of it's talent. With Jerry Jones and yes man Jason Garrett setting a course for disaster, Bryant is just showing his frustration with an inept front office and a lacking coaching staff. I think we get it... Our front office, coaches, and locker room are strong enough to handle him.
[ Edited by vermonator on Dec 28, 2017 at 8:07 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erguy:

How so? He's been a solid teammate. Intense but a good teammate. I am questioning his route running discipline more than anything. How does a player with that much ability not get used more. Seems like all they want to do is target him with deep ball similar to what BUF did with Goodwin and Watkins.

I think Dez has been completely misused. Would be a great addition to a WCO. We would have him move all over the place. Dude barely gets the ball in space while with DAL. Kyle would get this guy open to use his natural ability.
i dont know, its tough. He seems like a cancer but sometimes but if he was that bad, they would of released him a long time ago.

Obviously if we signed him, it wouldnt be for 16M, more like 7M.

The fit is also in question too. Dez is more of a big WR who boxes out and wins 50/50 jump ups. He has gotten slower and his ability to separate has declined so its hard to see a fit here. I think he would be a monster on the slant route though.
Dez Bryant has been over the hill since 2015 and on top of that, he's a total drama queen. I want no part of this guy.
[ Edited by TWD_Fan on Dec 28, 2017 at 9:33 AM ]
I'd take a shot at Sammy Watkins. Mayyyybe Martavis Bryant. Otherwise just draft. I saw Watkins gets a lot of uncatchable balls thrown his way skewing his numbers. If he were healthy that's a no brainer imo
[ Edited by justjim77 on Dec 28, 2017 at 9:55 AM ]
And Allen Robinson from Jax. Lord knows he made a garbage QB look adequate. Jimmy might make him a star.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 9erguy:

How so? He's been a solid teammate. Intense but a good teammate. I am questioning his route running discipline more than anything. How does a player with that much ability not get used more. Seems like all they want to do is target him with deep ball similar to what BUF did with Goodwin and Watkins.

I think Dez has been completely misused. Would be a great addition to a WCO. We would have him move all over the place. Dude barely gets the ball in space while with DAL. Kyle would get this guy open to use his natural ability.

Verbally berating his coaches on the sidelines, on several occasions over the years. Sideline antics, in general. Do you see that happening in New England or on most other successful teams? Maybe you are right, man. I wouldn't be extremely upset if we gave him a shot, I just think there are a lot better options out there that would be a better fit for a young team, trying to build chemistry and success over the long haul.

For some unknown reason, Dallas isn't using one of the most dynamic WR's in the NFL wisely. I don't blame him one bit for being upset with his team...I think he'd welcome a trade...somewhere he'd be featured like Julio Jones is in Atlanta. When he's a regular target, he's a happy camper, just as any WR with his physical attributes would be. I'd have no problem with Lynch making a deal to get him.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Name the last elite wide out to help win the Super Bowl.. (excluding Jerry rice lol)

Dez is far from Elite. Have you watched him play the last 2 years. He cannot get open and when he does he drops way too many easy catches. Plus, he yells and screams when he dosen't get the ball. I think it's pretty safe to say that he won't be a 49er in 2018.
What's changed for Dez in the last two years? Oh yeah he's playing with overrated Dak now...
Originally posted by pdizo916:
not with that salary.....

This x 100000...............

Plus he isn't elite anymore.
Originally posted by justjim77:
And Allen Robinson from Jax. Lord knows he made a garbage QB look adequate. Jimmy might make him a star.

Good call!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i dont know, its tough. He seems like a cancer but sometimes but if he was that bad, they would of released him a long time ago.

Obviously if we signed him, it wouldnt be for 16M, more like 7M.

The fit is also in question too. Dez is more of a big WR who boxes out and wins 50/50 jump ups. He has gotten slower and his ability to separate has declined so its hard to see a fit here. I think he would be a monster on the slant route though.

he is NOT elite anymore and certainly isn't worth nearly what they are paying him.

I'd dread him coming and and spreading his cancer.

Also, have mega faith in JL/KS not to given in to Fool's Gold.
Share 49ersWebzone