There are 201 users in the forums

Dez Bryant

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i dont know, its tough. He seems like a cancer but sometimes but if he was that bad, they would of released him a long time ago.

Obviously if we signed him, it wouldnt be for 16M, more like 7M.

The fit is also in question too. Dez is more of a big WR who boxes out and wins 50/50 jump ups. He has gotten slower and his ability to separate has declined so its hard to see a fit here. I think he would be a monster on the slant route though.

he is NOT elite anymore and certainly isn't worth nearly what they are paying him.

I'd dread him coming and and spreading his cancer.

Also, have mega faith in JL/KS not to given in to Fool's Gold.

I think that DAL team just doesn't know how to use its WR's. Julio Jones in only a year younger than Dez. Pierre Garcon is 2 years older. With the way he is built and his athleticism, Dez has 3 more top NFL years in him.
Jimmy Guap can make any WR look legit.

Dez is the top WR in the league tho so he'll go for top dollar.
No
Dez Bryant, may -- at one time -- have been a Beast on the field … nowadays, he's Dez Bryant, in name only.
These are the collective reasonings of why #88, in all probability will never become a Forty Niner:

AmpLee:
  • if he was better between the ears
  • dude's got that diva in him

sacleads:
  • he's done … Injuries have caught up to him
  • no longer a threat

DickNasty:
  • past his prime...

smithgdwg:
  • not a good fit

VaBeachNiner:
  • given Kyle's way of passing the ball around … his me first attitude would definitely not work

TruNinerFan:
  • have you watched him play the last 2 years
  • He cannot get open and when
  • he does he drops way too many easy catches
  • yells and screams when he doesn't get the ball

9erguy:
  • verbally berating his coaches on the sidelines, on several occasions over the years
  • sideline antics, in general
  • better options out there … for a young team, trying to build chemistry and success over the long haul.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Dez Bryant, may -- at one time -- have been a Beast on the field … nowadays, he's Dez Bryant, in name only.
These are the collective reasonings of why #88, in all probability will never become a Forty Niner:

AmpLee:
  • if he was better between the ears
  • dude's got that diva in him

sacleads:
  • he's done … Injuries have caught up to him
  • no longer a threat

DickNasty:
  • past his prime...

smithgdwg:
  • not a good fit

VaBeachNiner:
  • given Kyle's way of passing the ball around … his me first attitude would definitely not work

TruNinerFan:
  • have you watched him play the last 2 years
  • He cannot get open and when
  • he does he drops way too many easy catches
  • yells and screams when he doesn't get the ball

9erguy:
  • verbally berating his coaches on the sidelines, on several occasions over the years
  • sideline antics, in general
  • better options out there … for a young team, trying to build chemistry and success over the long haul.

All this
Whoever Lynch signs, it needs to be a bigger WR than we have now...somebody who'll fight for the ball, win jump-ball contests and have some consistently good YAC. I'd love to see JL sign a FA like Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Davante Adams. In the draft, you have to like Aden Tate...an instant mis-match who excels at winning jump balls...should be a tremendous RZ threat.
i knew this would pop up on the zone... why in the hell would we pay that fool anything? he was just saying how he believes in himself and wants top dollar... he is about to eat some humble pie when nobody signs him for crazy money. Production is not there, he is slow and has 1 move.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Whoever Lynch signs, it needs to be a bigger WR than we have now...somebody who'll fight for the ball, win jump-ball contests and have some consistently good YAC. I'd love to see JL sign a FA like Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Davante Adams. In the draft, you have to like Aden Tate...an instant mis-match who excels at winning jump balls...should be a tremendous RZ threat.

Would love Landry and Pryor.
He wasnt a beast with zeke on the field and he wasnt a beast without zeke on the field. Didnt have 100 yards all season.

The only thing i will say in his defense is that dak prescott sucks
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Would love Landry and Pryor.

In the offseason i was all about pryor considering what he did in Cleveland but did didnt do much in Washington and hes coming off an injury. Risky

I would be all about D Adams

I vote yes. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.
[ Edited by fatalherban on Jan 1, 2018 at 3:01 PM ]
Receivers like Dez are rarely available, he would make our offense unstoppable!

I would love to take him from the Cowboys, like how they got T.O. Only thing is Dez isn't even half as good as Owens was.
Originally posted by fatalherban:

Only way we sign someone like Dez is if we trade Garcon .
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Yea I'm not saying a long term deal. But maybe just a 1 year deal if he's really a big problem then cut him.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Yea I'm not saying a long term deal. But maybe just a 1 year deal if he's really a big problem then cut him.

See hed want targets... If Garcon wasnt here it would be perfect. Unless we promise playing time,perhaps we run more 4 WR sets if he comes along(or anyone thats capable as a #1/#2 type).
Share 49ersWebzone