LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 256 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
how come no one takes the chiefs staff dang it... .why always ours.....

Good question and the excuse that they always play into February is not acceptable.

Eric Bienemy (sp?) has earned a shot at a head coaching job. But maybe he is holding out to eventually become Andy Reid's replacement in KC.

I think their defensive coordinator is a lifelong DC (SB wins as DC of '07 Giants and KC x2) as opposed to HC material.

I don't get it! I just don't fukking get it How is it that other winning teams coaching staffs like the Chiefs seems to always stay in tacked and unmolested while Shanny is always stuck replacing/grooming/training new coaches and coordinators every year? This is why the 49ers are always getting off to slow starts. Shanny has to spend a lot of energy getting new coaches up to speed. It drives me nuts that other winning teams seem to be able to have continuity in their coaching staffs yet Shanny is replacing loads of key coaching positions year in and year out.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Good question and the excuse that they always play into February is not acceptable.

Eric Bienemy (sp?) has earned a shot at a head coaching job. But maybe he is holding out to eventually become Andy Reid's replacement in KC.

I think their defensive coordinator is a lifelong DC (SB wins as DC of '07 Giants and KC x2) as opposed to HC material.

I don't get it! I just don't fukking get it How is it that other winning teams coaching staffs like the Chiefs seems to always stay in tacked and unmolested while Shanny is always stuck replacing/grooming/training new coaches and coordinators every year? This is why the 49ers are always getting off to slow starts. Shanny has to spend a lot of energy getting new coaches up to speed. It drives me nuts that other winning teams seem to be able to have continuity in their coaching staffs yet Shanny is replacing loads of key coaching positions year in and year out.

I keep saying the hire of DC Spags is a genius move. He's bombed as HC to the point where he's not getting another shot at the HC wheel. So KC has a lights out DC paired with a HOF coach and a legendary QB.

Not to prop us up, but the respect level just isn't that high. To be fair though, teams did go to the well one time before with Andy Reid's staffs. Doug Pederson and Matt Naggy came from there, so Andy was getting plucked pretty good for a time. But it stopped after that.
Colts hire Steichen Eagles OC as HC.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

They fired one Philly OC for another

#winning
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

#winning

I didn't realize that.
Looks like cardinals are last team to make a decision for headcoach
Originally posted by battletowin:

#winning

I didn't realize that.

They are gonna do the first ever computer generated head coach, Soap MacTavish

I didn't realize that.

Seems that they've been holding out for Gannon. Their new GM apparently thinks very highly of him.

Eagles lost the SB and are losing both their OC and DC late.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I didn't realize that.

Seems that they've been holding out for Gannon. Their new GM apparently thinks very highly of him.

Eagles lost the SB and are losing both their OC and DC late.

I must still be salty from the NFC Championship because I'm really enjoying that, (probably more than I should). I hope the Eagles coaching staff gets absolutely decimated.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Feb 14, 2023 at 11:18 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

#winning

I didn't realize that.

Cardinals tripping but I like it