LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Frank Reich is putting together a pretty good staff in Carolina. If they can find a long term answer at QB, I think the future is bright there.

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-hire-jim-caldwell-as-senior-assistant

so basically the colts again lol...
The Colts reimagined
Frank Reich is putting together a pretty good staff in Carolina. If they can find a long term answer at QB, I think the future is bright there.

Honestly, that's any team that doesn't have the QB position figured out.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If they don't keep him as DC then it'll feel like the Cards f**ked over Vance Joseph by not letting him interview for other positions. I'd take him.as a secondary coach in a heartbeat.

Probably would be extra motivated too.

Undlin's nomcontract renewal could either be letting Bullocks run the entire secondary (my guess) or they weren't satisfied with the progress of the corners abd want to upgrade.
If they don't keep him as DC then it'll feel like the Cards f**ked over Vance Joseph by not letting him interview for other positions. I'd take him.as a secondary coach in a heartbeat.

I'd like to see Bullocks get bumped up first. If he leaves though then that'd be an option.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Almost any team...
Joseph for secondary coach would be real nice
Originally posted by Jcool:

Almost any team...

Fair point, but I still can argue that we know more than a team in a situation like Carolina or Indy the last few years. At least we know the position will be helmed by some combination of Brock and Trey. The QB spot for those teams is wide open.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Almost any team...

Fair point, but I still can argue that we know more than a team in a situation like Carolina or Indy the last few years. At least we know the position will be helmed by some combination of Brock and Trey. The QB spot for those teams is wide open.

Their last regime thought a combination of Darnold/Mayfield would work lol..... It's more of just knowing who will be helmed at the position I think, gotta have good players too.

Totally considerate of them having blocked him from interviewing for a whole month until nearly all the DC jobs are already gone.

Totally considerate of them having blocked him from interviewing for a whole month until nearly all the DC jobs are already gone.

Philly should jump on him

Good for Eric Bieniemy. If he can make noise as the play-calling OC for the Commanders then he will surely get a shot at a HC job somewhere.

I feel like having had the chance to apprentice under Andy Reid counts for a lot and I am rooting for EB to silence his critics in a place that has been tough to consistently win for the past 3 decades.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Good for Eric Bieniemy. If he can make noise as the play-calling OC for the Commanders then he will surely get a shot at a HC job somewhere.

I feel like having had the chance to apprentice under Andy Reid counts for a lot and I am rooting for EB to silence his critics in a place that has been tough to consistently win for the past 3 decades.

I'm curious how this could affect what they do at QB. Or if it does.
Originally posted by Overkill:

Chad Henne unretiring as we speak

he gonna fax the league office.. I'M BACK
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 17, 2023 at 1:05 PM ]

Smart move. I've said he has to leave KC if he wants a shot, fair or unfair. He really will get a chance to prove himself as the lead offensive game planner and play caller. I like Ron Rivera, our guy Martin Mayhew is there, so I hope he does well.
Originally posted by Overkill:

It should. They need one, though I figured it was a potential landing spot for Jimmy. Having a guy like Mahommes could definitely have spoiled EB.
Share 49ersWebzone