Shop: 2024 49ers Training Camp Headwear →

There are 115 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Deflippo failure hypes up Reich even more .

Reich was the spark plug for that Philly SB

Indy looking good

Time for the Vikings to hire Jim Caldwell as OC and go to the SB.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
One thing I will say, if Scangarello really does leave for an OC job, DeFilippo would be a good option as a QB coach replacement.

Yeah he's done wonders with kirk.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Deflippo failure hypes up Reich even more .

Reich was the spark plug for that Philly SB

Indy looking good

Time for the Vikings to hire Jim Caldwell as OC and go to the SB.

I expect the Vikes to hire McCarthy if he doesn't land a HC job..
Originally posted by susweel:
Yeah he's done wonders with kirk.

You can be an amazing position coach and a lousy playcaller at the same time. The two are not mutually exclusive.

DeFilippo was the OC in Minnesota, not the QB coach. He was the QB coach last year in Philly and was credited with the development of Carson Wentz.
Originally posted by 9moon:

McCarthy is never going back to being an OC. Once you've been a head coach long enough you don't go back to being an assistant.

McCarthy is never going back to being an OC. Once you've been a head coach long enough you don't go back to being an assistant.

McCarthy will probably get a HC gig .

I can't think of a SB winning HC going back to a coordinator.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

McCarthy will be the HC of the Browns, I don't doubt that. But if Greg Williams wins two of the last three games I think he gets his interim label removed.

Right. Only SB losing coaches go back to being coordinators, …. if they can swallow their pride to do so that is to say.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

McCarthy will be the HC of the Browns, I don't doubt that. But if Greg Williams wins two of the last three games I think he gets his interim label removed.

Or demote Gregg to DC for Lincoln Riley as HC

If McCarthy doesn't go to Cleveland then I think Elway jumps all over him in Denver. With a slim outside chance of him winding up as the head coach of his hometown Pittsburgh Steelers if they miss the playoffs and Omar Epps gets bounced.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
If McCarthy doesn't go to Cleveland then I think Elway jumps all over him in Denver. With a slim outside chance of him winding up as the head coach of his hometown Pittsburgh Steelers if they miss the playoffs and Omar Epps gets bounced.

I don't think Denver is all that attractive as long as they continue to trot out Case Keenum at QB. Elway balked at hiring Kyle Shanahan because he wanted to rebuild and ego Elway wasn't having any of that.

Is it just me or is Reggie McKenzie a human version of Teddy Ruxpin/Care Bear?

Steelers most likely miss playoffs , but they won't fire coach IMO
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Omar Epps....so I'm not the only one who thought that!!!!
  • evil
  • Veteran

Even if McCarthy had interest in going back to being an OC, it would largely depend on how Stefanski ends the year. He was in the running to be OC before they hired DeFillipo and they blocked him from joining Shurmur in NY which tells me they think somewhat highly of him and now he is being given a chance to prove himself.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This is now 2 OCs Zimmer has had "issues/tried to micro-manage" with (Norv Turner, John DeFillipo). Hmmmmmmm
Share 49ersWebzone