There are 149 users in the forums

Cassius Marsh thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
It is incredibly encouraging. Aside from a few personnel choices (and where/when they are playing), I have been so much happier with this regime.

It would be nice to have a SAM who can rush off the edge and cover some.

may get us closer to finally having that best front 7 in the nfl . they still have to revamp the linebackers and secondary.

Finally? did you forget about Patrick Willis and Justin Smith already??
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I almost feel the same. I like Marsh cause thatll push Harold. Only one of them makes it next year hopefully unless one of them truly emerges as a pass rush threat. We gotta draft one.. I had my eye on Alex Okafor as a SAM but he recently tore his acl.

I think he can be a good backup but we need to find a true SAM who can be a player. The SAM spot is really important in this scheme
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I almost feel the same. I like Marsh cause thatll push Harold. Only one of them makes it next year hopefully unless one of them truly emerges as a pass rush threat. We gotta draft one.. I had my eye on Alex Okafor as a SAM but he recently tore his acl.

I think he can be a good backup but we need to find a true SAM who can be a player. The SAM spot is really important in this scheme

True. Need a legit pass rusher out of that spot.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I like Chubb or Key for that spot in the draft or are they better as the LEO?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 24, 2017 at 9:11 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

I like Chubb or Key for that spot in the draft or are they better as the LEO?

From what im hearing chubb is a base leo and would slide to LE in nickel unless he becomes THAT GOOD, that quick. Landry seems like he could play SAM in base and slide to Leo in nickel.

This once again kinda comes from knowledged word of mouth so take it with a sprinkle of salt
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
From what im hearing chubb is a base leo and would slide to LE in nickel unless he becomes THAT GOOD, that quick. Landry seems like he could play SAM in base and slide to Leo in nickel.

This once again kinda comes from knowledged word of mouth so take it with a sprinkle of salt

Right on.
Originally posted by cciowa:
It is incredibly encouraging. Aside from a few personnel choices (and where/when they are playing), I have been so much happier with this regime.

It would be nice to have a SAM who can rush off the edge and cover some.

may get us closer to finally having that best front 7 in the nfl . they still have to revamp the linebackers and secondary.

I really like the starters and depth built up now thanks to the injuries and extra snaps. If we can get a couple real edge rushers, the entire defense goes to another level...and like you said, add a linebacker and anther high quality CB and we're in really good shape personnel wise...IF THEY CAN STAY HEALTHY.

HE-LLA DEPTH! HE-LLA DEPTH! HE-LLA DEPTH! HE-LLA DEPTH! I can smell FA and the draft already... Do I smell the senior bowl 2 months away?

Haaaa...fookin rad man...!

Jahlik Okafor is set to be a free agent, id like to see him on the edge.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Someone mentioned that Okafor blew out his ACL.

Me Alex Okafor that is. Started off strong.. So was keeping an eye in him.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Me Alex Okafor that is. Started off strong.. So was keeping an eye in him.

Ooops, I just saw that, lol.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I guess Marsh has the perferbrial motor.
I guess Marsh has the perferbrial motor.

We definitely need it. Seems like a great guy to have competing all way through next TC.

Somewhere Baalke is ...

He is active with Lynch out yet again. He'll get a chance to play
Share 49ersWebzone