LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 337 users in the forums

Cassius Marsh thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:
I love how self-aware this regime is about their deficiencies. That's something that Baalke was utterly oblivious to. Kyle was on KNBR and said they liked Marsh because he brings the speed that the DL is lacking.

It is incredibly encouraging. Aside from a few personnel choices (and where/when they are playing), I have been so much happier with this regime.

It would be nice to have a SAM who can rush off the edge and cover some.
what number was he wearing in practice today?
I love how self-aware this regime is about their deficiencies. That's something that Baalke was utterly oblivious to. Kyle was on KNBR and said they liked Marsh because he brings the speed that the DL is lacking.

Love this about this whole new front office
Originally posted by NCommand:

It is incredibly encouraging. Aside from a few personnel choices (and where/when they are playing), I have been so much happier with this regime.

Got to appreciate that they're constantly bringing players in. OTOH how many positions couldn't use improvement?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Got to appreciate that they're constantly bringing players in. OTOH how many positions couldn't use improvement?

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. I want to see how this staff and FO handle these situations after they pick their true final 53 man roster.

It's easy to give them props when you have a bunch of holdovers from the previous regime and budget FAs manning the front 7.

Would they make these moves if they were not doing well and the roster was assembled fully by this FO and staff?

Kudos to the team for always trying to add talent to the roster during mid/late season, but let's not get too excited as this team is 1-9.

However, these signings are like additional draft picks as Day and Marsh are under ccontract for 2019. I really like that.
This could wind up being a really good move.
I've been watching this kid since he was at UCLA, his speed alone is going to cause opposing lines to scheme for him even if he isn't a dominant force right away.
In turn that should take some pressure off of Thomas.

I'm so happy right now
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Yeah, it's good that they're bringing in players and not sitting on their asses. *cough* Baalke.
All I know about this guy, other than he's a pass-rusher form SEA and NE who got cut, is that he's one of a few pro athletes, along with Hunter Pence, who is a highly visible player of Magic: the Gathering. Speaking as a former semi-pro Magic player myself, dude sucks at Magic. So I'm gonna go ahead and assume he sucks at football
[ Edited by SammyFrancisco on Nov 24, 2017 at 9:30 PM ]
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
All I know about this guy, other than he's a pass-rusher form SEA and NE who got cut, is that he's one of a few pro athletes, along with Mike Pence, who is a highly visible player of Magic: the Gathering. Speaking as a former semi-pro Magic player myself, dude sucks at Magic. So I'm gonna go ahead and assume he sucks at football

Horrible news Sammy
  • bors
  • Veteran
Nice that they liking to improve.

Every stone. Turned going to be a good offseason after we win out

Originally posted by NinerGM:
But let's be honest here.... a big part of that 1-9 are injuries coupled with a TURRIBLE OL that just won ONE game for the team. I still have Tomlinson and Kilgore on my MUST REPLACE list.

Why Tomlinson? We have a real issue at guard and he's better than anyone else we currently have. Garrnett back and draft pick should add competition but from what i've seen he is more than serviceable.
When I look at this guy for some reason I think of Delonte West, former NBA player (and supposed bedder of LeBron's mom).
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
All I know about this guy, other than he's a pass-rusher form SEA and NE who got cut, is that he's one of a few pro athletes, along with Mike Pence, who is a highly visible player of Magic: the Gathering. Speaking as a former semi-pro Magic player myself, dude sucks at Magic. So I'm gonna go ahead and assume he sucks at football

It's fun to say his name
Like everyone says, Marsh is a hustle guy. He can give you some snaps in different spots but like Coyle, he's not really a starter. Both those guys are pretty good on ST, though.
Share 49ersWebzone