• dj43
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Good lord that's a lot of coin for him

Build through the draft.

Depth in FA.

They need to add more than just depth in FA IMO

I agree in concept. The problem is that other teams have to cooperate in order for that to happen.

This is especially true in our greatest area of need - ER. We are not going to get a Demarcus Lawrence or Jadeaveon Clowney in FA. Those guys will all get extended or tagged. What we will get will be a Fowler or Ray, guys their current teams find to be not worth what they are currently getting paid. For what those guys are going to get on the market, I would rather save the money and keep Cassius Marsh. He isn't the long-term answer but neither of those other guys are worth the increase in pay for what they bring. Hence, they are only depth behind the guy we truly want (Bosa/Allen/Polite/?).
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Good lord that's a lot of coin for him

Welcome to the 2018/2019 FA market. We just have to accept it and stop looking at box stats. If you want a player, this is what they cost.

Well, back to redoing my off season plan again.

PS: I had him at $8M APY myself which was about right.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 30, 2018 at 9:30 AM ]
If we don't like the FA numbers for pass rusher, we could always just load up at all the other positions and go pass rusher in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds lol.

Sign Tyrell Williams, Bradley Roby, Earl Thomas, and Shaq Barrett. A lot of money going that way as well, but the value added may be higher than that of the pass rushers likely to be available. We might actually get coverage sacks lol.
Share 49erswebzone