There are 100 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
What did Mullens and Beathard cost last year? Serious question, what is the delta there on Bridge and Rosen vs Mullens and Beathard?

Less than $2mil total.

Seems like a reasonable investment to me even with the cap being tight.
He's going to die, huh?

Originally posted by susweel:
Probably trying to trade Jimmy for teddy straight up. Then use teddy as bridge qb.

It's in his damn name. They aren't even trying to hide their plans anymore!
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I dont care how much of his contract is guaranteed by the Panthers. We shouldn't be investing $8M into a backup QB. Period.

A backup QB who isn't total garbage costs 8 mil. Just the price you have to pay if you want insurance.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Niners99:
I dont care how much of his contract is guaranteed by the Panthers. We shouldn't be investing $8M into a backup QB. Period.

A backup QB who isn't total garbage costs 8 mil. Just the price you have to pay if you want insurance.

I'd rather sign 39 year old Fitzmagic and not have to give up any picks/assets than trade for Bridgewater.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

I'd rather sign 39 year old Fitzmagic and not have to give up any picks/assets than trade for Bridgewater.

I think Rosen can be a solid #2 - why is everyone not seeing this?
Originally posted by mayo49:

because what YOU think doesn't matter lol. i think he might be decent as well, but the FO can't go by what we think. we haven't seen him be decent yet, he's looked awful when he's played.

he can be ever worse than Mullens. Then what? while you know what you get with a guy like Teddy or even Fitz.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Mar 1, 2021 at 1:13 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

because what YOU think doesn't matter lol. i think he might be decent as well, but the FO can't go by what we think. we haven't seen him be decent yet, he's looked awful when he's played.

I get that - but, Rosen is better than Mullens or Beathard. No need to go out and pay someone $6M to be a backup.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 1, 2021 at 1:14 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Probably trying to trade Jimmy for teddy straight up. Then use teddy as bridge qb.

Lol ferreals
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I get that - but, Rosen is better than Mullens or Beathard. No need to go out and pay someone $6M to be a backup.

based on what is he better? he looked even worse than them when he played.

i personally think he has the talent to be much better than those two, maybe KS can get him to play good and be worthy of that draft pick. but we haven't seen it yet. we can't go into the next season with just Jimmy and Rosen and some 6th round pick.

lol
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Cohn's personal hate for Jimmy is getting pretty desperate...now he's predicting Teddy Bridgewater is the answer....
  • jcs
  • Veteran

50% career NFL completion percentage to start. Taking 61 sacks in 16 total starts is another. Then there is that 19 to 12 INT to TD ratio. He's an awful NFL QB and there is a reason why the best job as a top 10 pick he could land last year was on a practice squad before we brought him in out of desperation.
[ Edited by jcs on Mar 1, 2021 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Cohn's personal hate for Jimmy is getting pretty desperate...now he's predicting Teddy Bridgewater is the answer....

No, hes just saying whatever will piss people off, because thats how he gets attention. Grant Cohn is the susweel of sports media.

Understood. And I am totally against paying a backup QB $8M+. If we are going to roll with Jimmy, we need to be all in. If he gets hurt again, then its yet another season down the toilet.
Share 49ersWebzone