LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 244 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
When the live bullets start flying, tho,..give me the knee brace.
These vids are refreshing. I can only keep watching the same highlights so many times
Originally posted by random49er:

At least a cloth one. The bulky titanium may impede his throwing motion too much and his ability to drive the ball downfield and to the sideline. That fade to KB was a thing of beauty. Perfect location and touch on it, basically an indefensible pass.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Jun 17, 2020 at 7:51 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

No, he should keep it off - he'll get around better in the pocket without it.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

It will be a confidence thing for him. Has he been practicing in it with the WRs in the off season?
Originally posted by Goatie:

It will be a confidence thing for him. Has he been practicing in it with the WRs in the off season?

No, he hasn't been wearing it all offseason. I really think that titanium monster he wore during the season really helped him in some ways, but it really impeded his throwing motion. As in he couldn't torque his lower body to get the velocity on the ball that we've seen from him in the past.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

He hasn't been wearing it, but like someone said, he'll probably wear it once the OL and DL are in there.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jun 18, 2020 at 12:21 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:

No, he hasn't been wearing it all offseason. I really think that titanium monster he wore during the season really helped him in some ways, but it really impeded his throwing motion. As in he couldn't torque his lower body to get the velocity on the ball that we've seen from him in the past.

You are more then likely right about the effect on his throughing motion. I just found this article on the WZ. Yep no brace https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/137421-check-out-these-videos-49ers-camp-jimmy-tennessee/
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

He hasn't been wearing it, but like someone said, he'll probably wear it once the OL and DL are in there.

I hope so. I think these player run work-outs are primarily to get a feel for each other - how fast they are, how they move based on the route and timing, and communication between QB and WR. I don't think footwork and body mechanics are the focus in these workouts.

Camp Jimmy!

Originally posted by PuckFarag10:

You are more then likely right about the effect on his throughing motion. I just found this article on the WZ. Yep no brace https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/137421-check-out-these-videos-49ers-camp-jimmy-tennessee/

Yeah, Jimmy's velocity and spiral are back due to the fact he's not worried about his putting his lower body into his throws anymore. You can really tell he's been working on his sideline throws, and how $$$ was that 45 yard TD to KB? That was an indefensible throw, Jimmy put it on his outside shoulder while keeping him inbounds and still hitting him in stride. So beautiful.
NFL network showing SB highlights.. lets not lie to ourselves.. Chiefs kicked the s**t out of the niners man!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Camp Jimmy!

Dwelley

Originally posted by JavonKinlaw:
NFL network showing SB highlights.. lets not lie to ourselves.. Chiefs kicked the s**t out of the niners man!

How come you didnt watch the first 53 minutes of the game?
Share 49ersWebzone