There are 185 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NCommand:

lol that seems super subjective...meh

AGree. What exactly is *expectations?* Too subjective for my taste, specially with a scheme master like Kyle who can pretty much get any reciever open if the guy can just be a decent football player.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Camp Jimmy rolls on.

Too bad the DB's aren't there to go 7 on 7.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Some s**tty deep balls from Jimmy here

You had me really expecting something new with this vid,....lol.

I dont think anyone denies that that he's a "down the middle" passer. Working the hashes with deep balls is what we're longing for in development. Toss the narrative-development in the trash on this one.

Jimmy just can't win with you guys. He's out there practicing with the guys, so needless to say I am sure he is working on it. I think it's just dumb he doesn't just higher guys from the webzone to teach him how to be a professional qb.

He does have problems hitting his receivers in stride on deep throws. That's not new and he needs to work on that.

Yep and it's good to see him out there with his guys. I never played QB or coached in the NFL like many of the posters on this site but I'm betting timing has a lot to do with the deep ball and he's out there with his teammates.

https://youtu.be/pYqh1mxQo6c

All 3 throws were in the middle of the field. Jimmy doesn't have issues there...having Jerry Rice certainly helps as well.

Simms: Jimmy G needs to sharpen deep throws http://www.nbcsports.com/video?guid=nbc_pft_qbrankjimmyg_200610
Originally posted by Goatie:
The WR corp and Jimmy are going to the moon this season!

Maybe they could play a full season there without worrying about the virus.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Goatie:
The WR corp and Jimmy are going to the moon this season!

Maybe they could play a full season there without worrying about the virus.

One could only hope so!
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
People keep complaining about the officiating in the SB but it's been that way for years. The NBA does the same thing when the playoffs start. The teams know this just as well as the fans so it should be no surprise when the officials let them play instead of blowing the whistle for every little infraction like they do in so regular season games. The fact is KC took advantage of this and the Niners didn't.

My guess is they do this because they know they have a bigger audience for the playoffs including a lot of casual fans and they feel that not having a lot of stoppage in the action will keep them glued to the set instead of changing the channel while the officials spend 3 or 4 minutes trying to decide where to place the ball and how much time should be on the clock. Every time a viewer switches channels there is a chance they lose that viewer and the league and sponsers don't want that.

I wish they called all the games like they do the playoffs but I agree that calling them differently than the regular season isn't right. The teams know this though so it shouldn't be an excuse since the Niners could have held just as much as KC did. The coaches should have known this going into the game and certainly should have made an adjustment at halftime.

KC has the best QB in the game and we have a much better Dline than them. So the refs just letting them play works to KC's advantage. It's like saying you are not allowed to run the ball and say it's the same for both teams. By not calling any holding penalties the refs are taking away the Niners strength(The Dline) and the advantage they had over the Chiefs.
There are really people who still question if Jimmy as the franchise QB

What a world we live in, it really shows that nobody really watches 49ers football. And if we're using the super bowl choke job as a reason, then the Colts should've cut ties with Peyton Manning when he threw a pick 6 to Tracy Porter, or when the Broncos got wrecked by the Seathots in 2013 the man has done everything that you could ask for from a QB and then some. He's easily a top 10 qb in this league
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jun 17, 2020 at 9:02 AM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

What a world we live in, it really shows that nobody really watches 49ers football. And if we're using the super bowl choke job as a reason, then the Colts should've cut ties with Peyton Manning when he threw a pick 6 to Tracy Porter, or when the Broncos got wrecked by the Seathots in 2013 the man has done everything that you could ask for from a QB and then some. He's easily a top 10 qb in this league

i think jimmy will be even better this season

oh and mark my words, when he does, the national media will say it's largely due to the weapons around him and only give him just a tiny bit of credit
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jun 17, 2020 at 9:18 AM ]
Deep down, I'm rooting for Jennings to make the team. I like his physicality at WR.

Originally posted by JTB1974:
KC has the best QB in the game and we have a much better Dline than them. So the refs just letting them play works to KC's advantage. It's like saying you are not allowed to run the ball and say it's the same for both teams. By not calling any holding penalties the refs are taking away the Niners strength(The Dline) and the advantage they had over the Chiefs.

We still pass and many fans on this forum complained that Jimmy didn't have enough time to throw, especially in the 4th quarter. So why didn't we hold? By that time it was clear they weren't calling many penalties. I'm just tired of hearing these theories that the refs were favoring KC and the league wanted them to win. That's the kind of stuff you hear from losing franchises and I don't think this franchise is a loser.
Most of the people on here to Jimmy G:

Exactly, could you imagine how people would've talked about Steve Young here.

Speaking of which Chris Simms is an actual moron. He has Tannehill ranked number 11 Murray 12 and cousins 13. He may have played QB in the NFL but that doesn't mean he has any idea what the hell he's talking about. He ranks Jimmy 20th and those guys that much higher, what a friggin' idiot.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Jun 17, 2020 at 5:36 PM ]
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

i think jimmy will be even better this season

oh and mark my words, when he does, the national media will say it's largely due to the weapons around him and only give him just a tiny bit of credit

both of these
Share 49ersWebzone