Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 490 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Remember Shanny's description of his perfect QB? Mahomes checked off every box and yet they went for ST because he had a hard on for Cousins. I was hoping so hard we were going to pick Pat with #3!!!!!!!

f**k us to hell this is Brady/Gio 2.0

Great story Bro!!
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Great story Bro!!

I hope this is just pre-season and is all a storm in a teacup... BUT....

This team is too talented ant too ready to contend to be held up by bad QB play. Let's not forget that Jimmy's contract is team friendly and we have a get out clause after this season. If Jimmy doesn't ball out pretty quickly, I can't see ShanaLynch sticking by JG for long. Mullens balled last season and Cousins may still be available after this season... I do think it was premature to give Jimmy the contract.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,298
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

well yeah no s**t he threw it too soon. it was a free rusher lmao

Lmao you watched it on TV not from a pocket.
137 million dollars
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Remember Shanny's description of his perfect QB? Mahomes checked off every box and yet they went for ST because he had a hard on for Cousins. I was hoping so hard we were going to pick Pat with #3!!!!!!!

f**k us to hell this is Brady/Gio 2.0

No, I'd like to know what his description is of the perfect QB?


Fearless gunslinger, pocket passer, quick release, eyes always downfield, can make all the throws
Maybe I'm in self denial Jimmy is really no better than someone like Blake Bortles. Anybody else think this?
[ Edited by ninerjok on Aug 20, 2019 at 2:42 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,298
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Maybe I'm in self denial Jimmy is really no better than someone like Blake Bortles. Anybody else think this?

No
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 33,335
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Maybe I'm in self denial Jimmy is really no better than someone like Blake Bortles. Anybody else think this?

No way. There is no comparison. Bortles took his team to the AFC championship with his arm. Jimmy did it while fetching gatorade for Brady.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Maybe I'm in self denial Jimmy is really no better than someone like Blake Bortles. Anybody else think this?

Too soon to tell. Bortles was given 5 years at starting to prove himself. Jimmy should get at least two full years before saying he's no good.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,298
Originally posted by captainhook:
Too soon to tell. Bortles was given 5 years at starting to prove himself. Jimmy should get at least two full years before saying he's no good.

wrong: 10 snaps in preseason is enough to prove that Jane from accounting is a better QB.
  • POG_
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 100,307
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Maybe I'm in self denial Jimmy is really no better than someone like Blake Bortles. Anybody else think this?

No way. There is no comparison. Bortles took his team to the AFC championship with his arm. Jimmy did it while fetching gatorade for Brady.

Lol
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,941
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by captainhook:
Too soon to tell. Bortles was given 5 years at starting to prove himself. Jimmy should get at least two full years before saying he's no good.

wrong: 10 snaps in preseason is enough to prove that Jane from accounting is a better QB.

Those 10 snaps were clearly the most important of his career.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,298
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by captainhook:
Too soon to tell. Bortles was given 5 years at starting to prove himself. Jimmy should get at least two full years before saying he's no good.

wrong: 10 snaps in preseason is enough to prove that Jane from accounting is a better QB.

Those 10 snaps were clearly the most important of his career.

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
So far who is winning the trade (2nd round pick) for JG, us or the Pats?

?

Not an easy question to answer but I'd say the 49ers
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-complicated-haul-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-still-growing

Ummm can you say wow..
That's how you work a trade
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone