Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 645 users in the forums

Poll: Like or Dislike Players Protesting During the National Anthem?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Poll: Like or Dislike Players Protesting During the National Anthem?

Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
When did I say he didn't sacrifice anything??

A previous poster brought up Pat Tillman and what he sacrificed. I don't think Kap sacrificed everything, as the ad states. I did not say that he didn't give anything up

I am a black man with a professional degree and a position where I represent a corporation and I know that if I did what Kap did on my job I would meet the same fate that he did. I would be then sacrificing my employment, some of my fake friends and the benefits that come along with them. I would be sacrificing the benefits that come with the job and the access to female companionship because of it. I would be sacrificing the trips and the vacations and most of all I would be sacrificing the very things that have afforded me to live as comfortably as I feel that I have worked for and deserve so for me to do what Kap did I would feel that I have sacrificed my very way of life as currently constructed. This is why I can respect that Kap gave it all up to stand for a cause that he believes in. You don't have to agree with him but if you put yourself in his or my shoes then you can see that he could have kept his mouth shut and he would be on paper living the Hollywood / pro athlete life that most folks dream of. Easy for those of us on the couch to say he gave up nothing but in reality he gave up the life most of us will never have to advocate for those of us that have no voice
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by bigwads:
I sold my $18,000 dollars of Nike stock and will be purchasing Under Armor and other brands until Nike's relationship with that America hater ends.

For every one of me you can count on 100 other people doing the same thing without voicing it.



Nike's stock has gone up every day since the Kap marketing campaign was announced. Your "morals" are causing you to not capitalize on your stocks going up, which of course is the reason we all buy stocks right? To not make money?

Solid job bud.

Sorry bud, it was over $82 when it closed on Friday and is currently at $80.40. Nice try though

What kind of rebuttal is this?!

It would be like me saying the 49ers have been the best team in football for the last 2 weeks and your rebuttal being "no they havent. They have been average for the past 4 weeks."

Why are you bringing up Friday bro? I said since the campaign was made public. That was Tuesday. Not understanding the logic of trying to rebut my factual claim about the last 3 days with a completely different timeline than my claim.

Nike stock has gone up since the campaign was made public. That is an indisputable fact.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I sold my $18,000 dollars of Nike stock and will be purchasing Under Armor and other brands until Nike's relationship with that America hater ends.

For every one of me you can count on 100 other people doing the same thing without voicing it.

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We all have different ideals of what the flag/anthem represent which is great...imo for me it's not just about the military, which plenty of my family and friends are part of....most aren't feeling disrespected in the least. In fact, from what I've seen it's mainly people not even in the service that are more upset about it.

For me the flag represents what this country was founded on which was having rights, equality, and being able to make something of yourself regardless of where you came from...America is suppose to give you opportunities and hope. Some people (like Kap) don't think that America at this pt is upholding all of that and I agree with it. Also protesting is the foundation of America, there's really nothing more patriotic than that imo.

It really is sad that people are more upset with someone kneeling then what people are kneeling about (I know you're not anti-Kap)...end of the day we're all Americans and human beings, ya know?


Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by bigwads:
I sold my $18,000 dollars of Nike stock and will be purchasing Under Armor and other brands until Nike's relationship with that America hater ends.

For every one of me you can count on 100 other people doing the same thing without voicing it.


Lol
I don't give a f**k what they do during the national anthem. It doesn't affect my life in the least little bit.

People just love being pissed off at someone or something. This just happens to be the new thing to hate. It will fade out and then the masses will find something else to get their panties up in a bunch about.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by bigwads:
I sold my $18,000 dollars of Nike stock and will be purchasing Under Armor and other brands until Nike's relationship with that America hater ends.

For every one of me you can count on 100 other people doing the same thing without voicing it.



Nike's stock has gone up every day since the Kap marketing campaign was announced. Your "morals" are causing you to not capitalize on your stocks going up, which of course is the reason we all buy stocks right? To not make money?

Solid job bud.

Sorry bud, it was over $82 when it closed on Friday and is currently at $80.40. Nice try though

What kind of rebuttal is this?!

It would be like me saying the 49ers have been the best team in football for the last 2 weeks and your rebuttal being "no they havent. They have been average for the past 4 weeks."

Why are you bringing up Friday bro? I said since the campaign was made public. That was Tuesday. Not understanding the logic of trying to rebut my factual claim about the last 3 days with a completely different timeline than my claim.

Nike stock has gone up since the campaign was made public. That is an indisputable fact.

Are you serious??? I brought up the stock price on Friday because that was the last open price. The stock exchange is closed on weekends and holidays. The ad came out on Monday, a holiday, so when it opened again on Tuesday the price dropped
Originally posted by bigwads:
This has to be one of the absolute dumbest statements ever made:

"The man who wrote his biography (along with his wife's help) even stated if Pat were alive he'd be kneeling next to Kap."

ya, obviously politicians who never met him, and people like you are more aware of what Pat would do. on top of that, you act like he's the only solider to support Kap's kneeling. talk about dumb statements...
Kap knelt because he hates soldiers and America, and he's with Nike because he's pro child labor, what i've learned in this thread.
Nike sales are up this week. They've largely gotten a positive response and millenials are really digging the move. Stock prices are reactionary but once those corporate financial reports are released they'll easily make up that lost 2 dollars. They're up what 30% on the year or something like that.

Originally posted by insanemike27:
I don't give a f**k what they do during the national anthem. It doesn't affect my life in the least little bit.

People just love being pissed off at someone or something. This just happens to be the new thing to hate. It will fade out and then the masses will find something else to get their panties up in a bunch about.

Thats the way I feel about it and the best part is most of the slobs complaining about it are sitting on there couches with a beer in hand saying look at those disrespecting suns a b***hes. Look in the mirror foo!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,898
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
When did I say he didn't sacrifice anything??

A previous poster brought up Pat Tillman and what he sacrificed. I don't think Kap sacrificed everything, as the ad states. I did not say that he didn't give anything up

I am a black man with a professional degree and a position where I represent a corporation and I know that if I did what Kap did on my job I would meet the same fate that he did. I would be then sacrificing my employment, some of my fake friends and the benefits that come along with them. I would be sacrificing the benefits that come with the job and the access to female companionship because of it. I would be sacrificing the trips and the vacations and most of all I would be sacrificing the very things that have afforded me to live as comfortably as I feel that I have worked for and deserve so for me to do what Kap did I would feel that I have sacrificed my very way of life as currently constructed. This is why I can respect that Kap gave it all up to stand for a cause that he believes in. You don't have to agree with him but if you put yourself in his or my shoes then you can see that he could have kept his mouth shut and he would be on paper living the Hollywood / pro athlete life that most folks dream of. Easy for those of us on the couch to say he gave up nothing but in reality he gave up the life most of us will never have to advocate for those of us that have no voice
Bare in mind he may make more money and gain more Fame because of this protest over anything he made in the NFL.
  • KP82
  • Member
  • Posts: 3,717
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
When did I say he didn't sacrifice anything??

A previous poster brought up Pat Tillman and what he sacrificed. I don't think Kap sacrificed everything, as the ad states. I did not say that he didn't give anything up

I am a black man with a professional degree and a position where I represent a corporation and I know that if I did what Kap did on my job I would meet the same fate that he did. I would be then sacrificing my employment, some of my fake friends and the benefits that come along with them. I would be sacrificing the benefits that come with the job and the access to female companionship because of it. I would be sacrificing the trips and the vacations and most of all I would be sacrificing the very things that have afforded me to live as comfortably as I feel that I have worked for and deserve so for me to do what Kap did I would feel that I have sacrificed my very way of life as currently constructed. This is why I can respect that Kap gave it all up to stand for a cause that he believes in. You don't have to agree with him but if you put yourself in his or my shoes then you can see that he could have kept his mouth shut and he would be on paper living the Hollywood / pro athlete life that most folks dream of. Easy for those of us on the couch to say he gave up nothing but in reality he gave up the life most of us will never have to advocate for those of us that have no voice
Bare in mind he may make more money and gain more Fame because of this protest over anything he made in the NFL.

Right. Except there are ppl that think he did this intentionally to cash in on it. And that is wrong bc he was playing on a team when it all began.

Im proud of him, and full heartedly support his cause. The fat f**ks that sit on their couches, have never served in the military, and cry foul can go shove it.
  • KP82
  • Member
  • Posts: 3,717
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by bigwads:
I sold my $18,000 dollars of Nike stock and will be purchasing Under Armor and other brands until Nike's relationship with that America hater ends.

For every one of me you can count on 100 other people doing the same thing without voicing it.


Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone